What do you think

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
about renting a car to drive to WDW from Sanford and returning it the same day?
Ok here's the deal. I know that a town car from Sanford is between $160-$180 round trip. I plan on using bus transportation while at CBR.
National has rental cars at the Dolphin as well as the Car Care Center.
If I rented a intermediate car it would be $51 and change. Drive from Sanford to CBR, check in and send hubby (lol) to drive the car to either drop off and take the bus back. This would give me time to get the kids settled. I would save around $80 for the inconveince. But $80 is $80 right?

Is this nuts????

Ther may or may not be a drop off charge if you do not return the car to the same location. i'm not sure how this works at WDW - anyone out the know for sure?

Last October, my DM was joining us for the last 2 days of our visit and dropping us at the airport (she is a FL resdent), so we rented from National for our arrival day, pickup at MCO and return at the Dolphin (next morning). We were staying at BCV, so the walk from Dolphin back to BCV was easy enough. It ran around $60, and for a little more than a 1-way towncar service, we had the freedom to go to the grocery store when we wanted to, also drove over to CR for dinner at CG. There was no extra drop off charge at the Dolphin.

I think your idea sounds like a smart one.

Have fun!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks all! I told DH about my idea and he was ok with it! I told him the $80 we save is the $80 he needs for Richard Petty Driving Experience (doing the drive along)

We have done a similiar thing several times flying into Tampa! We would get a rental from National to drive to WDW, then drop it off at WDW the next morning, there was never a drop off charge either! This also gives you sometime to go pick up some snacks and other things before checking in. It's a great idea, like you said $80 is $80!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter