what does everyone do for a living?

I am a Career Couselor working with the unemployed and DH is a Manager in IT. This is our second trip!

I am a city clerk and my dh is a Training SGT for the AL DOC.
We try to go to Disney once a year.

Love this thread. I am a certified oncology registered nurse. I work part time as a staff nurse on the oncology unit at a large local hospital. DH is in sales. I am also a full time plus plenty of overtime mother of 2. Shelleymouse, I too live relatively close to you.

I am a stay at home mom. One son is going to kindergarten in the fall and the other starts college. DH is a Sr. Geotechnical engineer who is working on his PhD.

I am an HR Rep and Executive Assistant for a Sports team and my DH is a Civil Engineer.

In 2006 I was able to go to the World three times by just saving as much as I could. Our next trip however is not scheduled until January 2008:confused:

Love this thread. I am a certified oncology registered nurse. I work part time as a staff nurse on the oncology unit at a large local hospital. DH is in sales. I am also a full time plus plenty of overtime mother of 2. Shelleymouse, I too live relatively close to you.

I am also in your area..."It's a small world after all"....

I am a critical care paramedic for a private ambulance service and my husband is a police officer. We both work full time, days for him and nights for me. The kids go to granny and papa one day a week. No daycare or babysitters so everything works out well. We do not get a lot of time as a family because one of us is working almost every day, but that's what VACATIONS are for. :beach:

I also wipe noses and dirty bums all day as a SAHM of 2.:laundy: DH is Director of accounting. We would like to go every other year but, doesn't always work out that way.

Angie

Manager of a fast food place. Not the most glamorous job..but it pays the bills.
DH is retired from education support.
He works off and on now for a temp agency. His pay covers all of our vacations. :woohoo:

I'm a Clincal Pathology Tech, and my spouse is a Toxicology Research Associate.

We just recently bought a home, and now we are feeling the pressure as we save for this falls WDW trip. Sometimes I wish it was easier for all of us. haha.

I work as a senior operations supervisor at a publishing company and my DW is a professor of Computer Science. DW usually has the summer off and so she will do consulting work (if available). This brings in the $$ for any family trips.

Our goal is to try and go to either WDW or DL at least once a year, but sometimes time and finances just don't align. So when we can afford to go, we usually make a big deal out of it. :)

I am an eighth grade English teacher and DH runs a seafood resturant in a beach town. We go to Disney about every 18 months or so, give or take. I would like to go more often and probably could swing twice in a year finacially, but our issue is time. I work Sept-June and DH works April through October. He can't take anytime off and with our contract I can't either. I would even take days w/o pay to go, but our district doesn't really do that, so we go at Easter! It's really not that bad. A crowded day at Disney is better than no days at Disney.:banana:

I'm an assistant manager at a Home Depot (stop stealing my paint chips).
My wife manages a Sadies for now but is always looking for something else. We don't have children or many vices so it is pretty easy to save up for a yearly trip. But seriously, stop stealing my paint chips.:sad2:

Is that why you are on this board? LOL:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I'm impressed at how many people on here are in the buisness of helping others.

Me too -- impressed, but not surprised!

Hi there, I'm a relative newbie, complete DIS addict, and author by trade. My screen name, GIRLBOMB, was the name of my first book (a memoir, published last March by Random House), and my next memoir, VOLUNTEER, comes out in February of 2008. Disney World plays a huge part in the plot of my second book -- our December 2005 trip was a pivotal moment in my life!

My dear domestic partner, Bill, is a newspaper designer, and was iffy about going to Disney World at first. Now he's as hooked as I am, and we're happily planning our third annual December trip for 2007!

I teach children with special needs and my dh teaches 7th-12th graders at a school for at-risk students (students who have gotten in trouble at the regular school or are in trouble with the law). We used to have to pay for childcare, but my mil opened a daycare, so now we have free care and they get to spend the day w/ her. Plus, my dh and I work part-time in the summer to go towards trips.

College Professor (Chemistry...now you can all tell me how much you hated chemistry!) at a community college. Also part-time administrator (dept head).

DH is techie...he manages a small (but growing) IT firm that does computer networking for small to mid-sized businesses.

We went last Jan. 06 for the first time as a family. DH and I had been as children with our families and I'd been to MK for an evening as a college student. Now we're hooked!

But time is a huge issue for us. I work 12 months and can only take breaks when the students are on break. Those breaks, of course, rarely align with my children's school breaks.

We'll take the kids out of school for 3 days this trip (Feb 28-Mar 4). We have one starting MS next year, will be more difficult.
I'd love to go during my May break one year, but that's right before state testing in NC and I think that might not go over well to take them out of school in May!

Hi All. dh works at a local manufacturing firm as welder/assembler and as for me, well, I gave up my nursing career to be a sahm, or zookeeper, which ever floats your boat. When our youngest dd was 6 months old I started doing childcare at home. She is now 22 and I'm still doing it!! I presently have a boy who turned 2 in October, his brother who's 5 months, (these 2 are 4days a week), a little girl who is 10 months, (2-3 days a week), and in early feb. I start with a little girl who will be 6 weeks. She will also be 4 days a week. So I'm one of those sahm's who watches soap operas and eats bon-bons all day!!

DH is a Senior High Voltage Electrical Technician.

I am a Office Manager for a small family owned car dealership.

My kids and I introduced DH to Disney in 2000. He loved it so much. In 2003 we became DVC owners. We don't have a big house, we have one car (he has a company vehicle) and Disney is our only real passion. We save for this all the time. We usually go once a year. But we were there in Nov/Dec 2006, Jan 2007 and will be back in Oct 2007. They only reason for our January trip was DS, who is in college, wanted a trip since he hasn't been since 2004.

Our dream is to retire and work for Disney!!!!

I'm an assistant manager at a Home Depot (stop stealing my paint chips).
:lmao: :rotfl: I just about spit my drink out when I saw this! Umm.... was it caught on camera???? I swear... I only took one. :rolleyes1

I'm a Court Clerk/Reporter and my DH works for the township. Snow removal etc... all that glamorous stuff. He's also a volunteer fireman and I have to say I do tip my hat to all of you firemen out there. My heart is in my throat everytime his pager goes off and he flies out the door. I'm just very thankful it's not a daily occurence.

This will be our first trip to Disney. Years ago we promised the boys and the time has come. I'm more excited than everyone combined. DH says it'll be a one time thing. I plan on making sure he changes his mind after this trip. :)

I'm finally getting my wish. When I was little, all I did was dream about going to Disney one day. I'm still in shock that we are finally going.

I own a large dance studio and my husband is a computer programmer. We go to Disney once a year...wish we could go more but our schedules won't allow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter