What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
KaitlinsMom said:
Here's another door sign of mine - not as creative as what we have been seeing:
DoorSign7620.png

Your sign is a classic, I love classics and every thing else I've been seeing here on this thread!

:teeth: Tae Ja

Jenny: You did great. That is super. Now you have to make one for in the a.m. and one for the p.m.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Jenny

Just had to post to tell you....You go girl the signs for each :cool1: day are great.

I have some projects in the works can't wait until I can use them.

Ok, I am going to try to make a door sign for our Sept. 1 cruise on the Wonder. I have sit here and read this thread for about 15 minutes. From what I am reading I think I will print on photo paper then laminate it and use the magnetic tape. I am just do know have a clue on how to start. I know I need to find my background but how do I save this and add to it? HELP.....

Jsme said:
Ok, I am going to try to make a door sign for our Sept. 1 cruise on the Wonder. I have sit here and read this thread for about 15 minutes. From what I am reading I think I will print on photo paper then laminate it and use the magnetic tape. I am just do know have a clue on how to start. I know I need to find my background but how do I save this and add to it? HELP.....

What program is on your PC for clip art and such??

Do you have Photoimpact??

Do you have Microsoft picture it?

You just have to experiment with it.

Heck I don't know. LOL let me reserach my desktop and programs and I will let you know. I am in the process of filing a new Disney Clip art folder. Thought that might be a good way to start.

Jsme said:
Heck I don't know. LOL let me reserach my desktop and programs and I will let you know. I am in the process of filing a new Disney Clip art folder. Thought that might be a good way to start.

I know what you mean . LOL :rotfl:

All of us have been there at one point and time.

Sent you a PM

You could just import the clip art and photos into Excel or Word and go from there.

All the signs look great! Can't wait to start working on mine. :banana:

Help! only 2 weeks until we sail and I gotta make one of these terrific door signs. So....
1) where is the DCL wallpaper from (on page 1 of this thread, I think)
2) where did the Pirates crossbones come from? I have googled and searched and found nothing!

I am going to need at least a week to teach myself a program (will Photoshop work?) and get something pulled together.

Thanks.

Cheri: Photoshop should work. You just have to experiment with it and see all the options. Takes time

Soccermom-Cheri said:
where did the Pirates crossbones come from? I have googled and searched and found nothing!

Cheri - I've found a lot pics by doing a google images search, including cool pirate ones. Haven't made a sign yet, DH is installing Photoshop tonight. Wish me luck!

Oh my goodness--- a monster has been created. MS Digital Image and I have become very close as I have already been "experimenting (yeah experimenting-that's what I'll call it!)......I wonder just how many I will come up with before our Spring, '07 Honeymoon cruise! (and for what it's worth I just really like this guy -> :banana:

Somebody, anybody, please take a look at post #6 (CACruisin', I think), she used "dcl background" paper. I can't find it anywhere. I think she's cruising right now and I'm just dying to start working on this sign. (No patience is not on my virtue list :rotfl: )

Soccermom-Cheri said:
Somebody, anybody, please take a look at post #6 (CACruisin', I think), she used "dcl background" paper. I can't find it anywhere. I think she's cruising right now and I'm just dying to start working on this sign. (No patience is not on my virtue list :rotfl: )
f411.jpg

I've never seen that background before. She may have made it herself.

I actually made this door magnet sign for someone else over the weekend, but I liked it so much that I printed one off for myself for us to use during our August 2006 cruise, at least I hope the Pirate Night Party will still be held on the Magic in August 2006, LOL!!!

Pirate Night Party

Andy -

Mind if I ask where you found the main picture in that last sign you posted? I love it and would love to add it to my clipart folder.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter