What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem with the ears printing strange. The color changes part way down. It starts lime green and then ends up a funky blue :confused3 Am I running out of green?

I can't take the file someplace to have it printed because of the specialized fonts. Or can I? They are saved as .jpg files. Pardon my computer stupidity here.

Soccermom-Cheri said:
I'm having a problem with the ears printing strange. The color changes part way down. It starts lime green and then ends up a funky blue :confused3 Am I running out of green?

Cheri,

That Mickey head is one of the paint chips from Home Depot. You could try scanning one or use the low tech approach of just gluing some on which is what I will probably do.

HTH,
Linda

Soccermom-Cheri said:

I can't take the file someplace to have it printed because of the specialized fonts. Or can I? They are saved as .jpg files. Pardon my computer stupidity here.

Actually you are running out of yellow. Printing is done with 4 colors (Cyan (blue),Magenta, Yellow, and Black). Otherwise known as CMYK.

Green is made out of a mix of Cyan and Yellow. A change of your print cartridge should do the trick.

Zandy595 -- mind if I 'borrow' your green mickey head????

Kaitlinsmom -- where did you get that adorable minnie mouse primping at christmas??? love the style of that!

thanks for all the great ideas! love to see everyone's signs!! mind will come after the summer :)

ohMom said:
Zandy595 -- mind if I 'borrow' your green mickey head????
No, I don't mind. :flower: Thanks for asking. It might not look like it, but it actually took some time to design it.
f37d8d74.jpg

I would love to use the lime green head too!!! May I??? How do I take out the "user name" and enter mine??? I am good at "following directions"!!

Do I paste it into paint?

This thread has been a wealth of information. I happened to stumble across it yesterday and finished reading it today. The magnets are so creative. I am going to enlist the help of my kids so that no one will know who really made the ones we are going to hang (also known as Mom hiding behind the kids ;) ).

I did buy some of the Avery magnetic paper last night. I'm rather surprised by how thin it is. I hope it's not to thin to hang properly.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll be another time to post our results.

Ohmom - I don't remember where I got the picture - But here it is without the writing - so you can use it now if you'd like

minnie-mouse-make-up.jpg

Karen

jfis1020 said:
I would love to use the lime green head too!!! May I??? How do I take out the "user name" and enter mine??? I am good at "following directions"!!

Do I paste it into paint?
Yes, you may. :teeth:
Yep, paste it into Paint. Do you know how to use the eyedropper and brush to "erase" the name? If not, let me know and I'll tell you how.

cgcw said:
I did buy some of the Avery magnetic paper last night. I'm rather surprised by how thin it is. I hope it's not to thin to hang properly.
The Avery paper doesn't have a very strong magnet (as some of us have found out by trying to use them on our cars :rolleyes: ), but it is strong enough to hang on the metal cabin doors.

cgcw said:
This thread has been a wealth of information. I happened to stumble across it yesterday and finished reading it today. The magnets are so creative. I am going to enlist the help of my kids so that no one will know who really made the ones we are going to hang (also known as Mom hiding behind the kids ;) ).

Thanks for all the tips. I'll be another time to post our results.
I too was surprised how thin the paper was. It prints well, but is thin. The site that Verandah Man uses is (DECALPAPER.COM??) considerably thicker, so much so that I had problems printing it (I forgot to change from regular to heavyweight on the print queue). For the cost, it is a better buy.

For those who are interested, feel free to use this green Mickey head. Just right click your mouse over the photo, then you will be able to save it.

green%20mickey%20head.jpg

I went to Target today. They have the perfect color "green" for door coverings or streamers. I got some stringers to hand on the door together with everything else.

Andy - thanks for the blank green mickey head

Hey everyone,

I found this picture:

Cruise+MMinclouds(226x239).jpg

on a website about the Wonder's maiden voyage. I have been looking all over for a pic like this!

BUT, how can I resize it for a door sign? I'd like to make it bigger to take up a whole 8 1/2 x 11 sign. I have PIXresizer that I dnlwded from the net on my computer, and it makes it bigger but blurry. :( How can I resize it? I have no scanner. Any help would be appreciated!

TIA.

P.S. If any of you have any pix of Palo out there, will you share? I've been looking all over for one of those, too.

donaldsgal said:
Hey everyone,

I found this picture on a website about the Wonder's maiden voyage. I have been looking all over for a pic like this!

BUT, how can I resize it for a door sign? I'd like to make it bigger to take up a whole 8 1/2 x 11 sign. I have PIXresizer that I dnlwded from the net on my computer, and it makes it bigger but blurry. :( How can I resize it? I have no scanner. Any help would be appreciated!

TIA.

P.S. If any of you have any pix of Palo out there, will you share? I've been looking all over for one of those, too.

Tia, the problem is the resolution of the formatting of the picture. It is 226x239 pixels. When you enlarge it from that size, it doesn't increase the number of pixels, just the spacing between the pixels. This is what causes the blurriness. Sorry!

Okay all thought I would give this thread a little *bump* and tell you all what an inspiring group of people we have here on the dis! I am loving this thread and it has lit a fire under my butt to get my signs completed before we leave in 1152 hours! (But who's counting right???) My goal is to have them posted here in a week or so....we'll see if there worthy!

My question is does anyone decorate the balcony too? Since we have a couple cabins (cat 4 and 5) I thought perhaps a string of lights or banner for pirate night may be fun... Any thoughts?

Thanks Pauline
Cruisin' Coast to Coast with my favorite Mouse August 20th! :cheer2:

I'll second that! Everyone has been terrific and extremely helpful. Thanks, thanks, thanks. I love my (6) signs. Couldn't have done it with out ya'. :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter