What else is close by to the Aquarium of the pacific?

jjj444

DIS Veteran
We are planning on spendind 1/2 of a day at the aquarium and then looking for ideas of what to do in the area? What beaches are close by? Anyone think of anything in the area we could do? 2 adults and 1 toddler. Thanks. Is laguna beach close by?

The Queen Mary is very close to the aquarium. It also has a russian submarine to tour. There is a shopping area called 'shoreline village' nearby I think too.

The aquarium is fun, take your time and you might spend the whole day there :)

have fun!

Nancy

Laguna Beach is 35-40 minutes from Long Beach. Like the above poster mentioned there's also a shopping area with lots of eating locations. There is a ferris wheel and merry-go-round as well at the mall outdoors but I'm not sure how often or when they run. If you want to spend some extra money I know they offer cruises around the harbor and whale watching.

The Queen Mary is an excellent choice. If you want quiant shopping go to Belmont Shore area, about 2 miles away. Seal Beach is also nice with a great pier.

Shoreline Dr is right there. there are tons of shops and places to eat
there's Bubba Gump Shrimp, Gameworks, the Yard house that boasts having a very large variety of beers.

plus alot of other shops near the pier.

I go down to Long beach every april for the Champ car (soon to be Indy)Grand Prix :)

Rudy

The Long Beach Transit offers a boat ride across the bay (from the Aquarium to Alamitos Landing) for $3 each way. It's a nice look at the city, fun for the kids. Here's the link: http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Aqualink. You can take the boat back or there's a bus if you prefer. There are quite a few restaurants down by the Aquarium, but the shopping is a little meager. You can catch a bus to Belmont Shore which is pedestrian friendly and has shops and restaurants, or Seal Beach is about 10 minutes south.

We were there last week. We ate at Bubba Gumps and Changs both were very good. The Queen Mary was cool to see. They have a FREE bus that will take you to all the restaurants and shops. Theres stops all over and you can get on at the QM.

We drove down to Huntington Beach. It was great! There we ate at Freds. Its Mexican and it was really good. Theres parking under Freds and they will validate it. It wasnt to far about 30 mins. Worth the drive.

We did the Queen Mary & the Aquarium of the Pacific last December and they have a pass that gives you admission to both of these. We took the bus to the Aquarium from the Queen Mary, but took the boat ride back and it was great. Got a great picture of the Queen Mary from the boat.

The Aquarium was great to go thru. We could have spent alot more time there. Got some great pictures of some of the jelly fish, clown fish etc. Tried to get one of an otter, but he kept teasing me. Also got some great pictures of the rays.

We enjoyed the tour of the Queen Mary. I hadn't been there since I was a kid for the tour. Stayed there on my wedding night, but ended up being sick all night, so left before we could do any of the things included in our package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter