What happens when you bank your points and your ressie changes?

I will also try and call my guide to for future reference ..for others. I sometimes think "Deals" are different for everyone. My guide said twice YES YOU CAN BANK ALL OF THEM....but people on here said differently and some said their guides said differently. SO I really wonder.
Just keep in mind that guides are not the source of all knowledge and truth about DVC. They are often "mistaken." The test is not what your guide says, but what MS will let you do.

If Dean is right and the developer points are bankable any time during the year, you should be able to bank the cancellation points...possibly by switching which points are used for the ressie.

Just keep in mind that guides are not the source of all knowledge and truth about DVC. They are often "mistaken." The test is not what your guide says, but what MS will let you do.

If Dean is right and the developer points are bankable any time during the year, you should be able to bank the cancellation points...possibly by switching which points are used for the ressie.

Oh okay. I will just call MS then. I will also ask about the stuff Dean said. Thanks everyone.

It's based on the totals for the year. If you bank 50% early in the year, once you get to the 50% window you could not bank any more points.

Transferred and generally, developer points, fall outside that window. Essentially they are not counted. With transferred points and maybe even with developer points you could potentially bank them up until the last day of the use year. The answer could vary based on who you talk to and the rules could change tomorrow.

I thought that the developer points were taken first when making ressies??

Okay....he said that if I change my Aug. ressie....if it results with left over points then they would have to use by Sept 30th...UY IS OCT. So then I went on line to my DVC acct. and my 300 points are split into three contracts of 100 each. On Feb. 1st the acct. activity shows 100 points manually transferred in to each of three contracts which are the 300 developer points. So do the transferred points mean anything differently for banking. He said that if my guide said that all 600 could be banked then he probably set my acct. that way????????? Does this make sense to anyone??

I thought that the developer points were taken first when making ressies??
They should be but I don't think they will be counted as part of your banking % at all, one way or another. I'd call your guide to help with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter