What I did wrong on DDP

kcashner

DIS Veteran
We bought the refillable mugs at the resort--good thing.

However, a couple times, DD got CS meal at the resort and just got a fountain drink with it. That was the mistake. She should have gotten either a bottled soda, milk, or something else that could be kept in the fridge in the room, then used the refillable mug for her soda with lunch. I know it's a really minor thing, and after a couple days, I got the idea....still better to have the bottle to take to the parks or whatever. SO, if you have the mug, use it whenever possible and get something you can store in the room for later as your CS drink. Of course, this only works at thr resort where you are staying.

They would not let us do that at the resort. We tried and were told it had to be a fountain drink, however one thing I did note on the plan were inconsistancies! The answer could have been different with someone else. We actually bought something in the general store and they counted it as a snack. Had we known that, we would have bought 2 liters in the general store to use as snacks instead of lugging 20oz cokes back from the parks. The person told us as long as the item was less than $4.00 we could count as snack. We would have loved to have used it when we checked in. We bought PB&J at $3.50 a pop as well as milk, bread, and soda. We had 14 snacks left over at the end of the trip and came home with 12 rice krispie treats and a couple of waters. Oh well!

There seemed to be some variation between resorts . We briefly visited another resort. Items in their store area were not labelled as "snack item" when they were at SSR...and vice versa.

It was even confusing that you could get milk in all varieties of 8 ounce cartons as "snacks" or drinks with CS. However, 16 ounce was only a "snack" if it was whole or chocolate/strawberry flavored. Make sense? NO....but the rules were there.

We didn't try this with bottled soda but we did always get bottled water and didn't have a problem.

I expect there will be some continuing confusion :confused3 with regards to snack credits but hopefully it will be all ironed out before our trip in Sept. The first time we did DDP in Jan. 05 (the plan was fairly new then) there was confusion then too! We also noticed that with the refillable mugs, we not only didn't need them as much as without DDP, but we also ended up with alot of snack credits to use on the last day. Maybe this is why Disney increased the amount of items you can purchase on the snack plan. :goodvibes

In June of 2005 at PC we were able to get bottled sodas and water with counter service meals. We had refillable mugs and used those. We had a refrig and either saved them in there or took them to the parks with us.

At Carribbean beach we were able to get a chocolate milk(not a small bottle, but the kind you buy in the convenience store) and a bottle of water with our CS meals. And then at Pop Cent. we were told any drink item or fountain soda could be with our CS meals. We bought water and bottled lemonades and a bottle of sprite (all 24oz bottles I believe.)

But at Pecos Bills (MK) they gave me a small bottle of water with a meal. So from then on I paid attention to whether the menu offered smaller bottles of water and if they did I didn't order water. Then for contrast at Tusker House (AK) the fountain soda was enormous. Much bigger than fountain cups given anywhere else we had been. Definitely either a large or extra large cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter