What I STILL love about DVC...

Originally posted by CarolMN
I used to just hate worrying about the availability of on site room discounts. I do NOT miss the frequent calls to CRO to see if I could get a better deal. For me, DVC eliminated a whole lot of the "bad" stress of planning WDW vacations.

Amen to that!! I just called CRO today to see about booking a cash resv. at a non-DVC resort for next Sept. and when I asked the CM about AAA rates, I was told they weren't out. Of course they are, and I told him I knew that. He then informed me "I'm not authorized to discuss those rates." I asked him, "Then why am I talking to you?" He repeated his previous line. When I replied with *silence* he then sighed and said, "Do you want me to transfer you to someone who can help you with a AAA rate?" DUH!!!!!!!

I got so fed up, I hung up and decided that staying in studios for our next couple of trips vs. doing a cash trip to save points for one-bedrooms (we borrowed quite a few points from next year to take extended family with us this December) would be fine. It's worth it to not have to play those stupid CRO games!!

We just went home for the first time. We used to go every other year. It was never a cerainty that we could return the next time so it made leaving very hard.
But the day I had to leave on this trip I was OK, I had my AP in my pocket and resis. for two more trips, the next one is in March. I would have never dreamed that I could do 3 trips in 12 months!:D

Prior to purchasing our DVC membership, we were making a trip or two a year on average to Disney staying onsite at the Beach Club and Grand Floridian. First time we heard about DVC we just blew it off, didn't even take the time to investigate further - figured it was just another timeshare operation (and we had been very turned off by another timeshare operator in Orlando a few years prior). After working out the numbers, with the accommodations we were accustomed to, turns out that after only 3 or 4 years the thing will have paid for itself - and the studios rooms are the same size or bigger than the normal rooms at the resorts.

We just made our 2nd trip back since purchasing our membership and couldn't be happier. We also have 2 more trips already booked and are looking for add-on points at BCV when they are available.

I like 1) the flexibility of going whenever we want - not locked into a specific week. 2) being able to go for as little as 1 night or as long as we want on a trip. 3) being onsite and getting a Disney level of service regardless of which resort we stay at. 4) the value - we vacation during the off-peak periods and can get as much as 3 weeks (3 Sunday through Friday stays) a year on our basic 150 point membership.

I will repeat what many have said time and time again - I wish we had joined earlier!

I love the flexibility of going whenever I want to...and I have always gotten what I requested, even if I have to wait awhile.

I love going with DH, our children and their children and feeling like we are HOME!

I love the fact that each time that we go to OKW everything remains the same as I remembered it, only better.

I love to be able to stay at BWV and enjoy the excitement of the whole area.

I love the fact that now I have even more DVC homes to explore, such as VB, HH, VWL, and our other new homes!

I love to be able to take my grandchildren to see the very things that I had experienced many years ago, and to know that they will experience these thing for many years in the future, with their children!

June

We always stayed in the deluxe resorts and were only able to do this once every 3 years. DVC makes it possible to go every year( even more than once) and stay in better rooms. We did an addon at OKW and just last month, another at HH. We joined to stay at and enjoy our home resort, and so far have done just that. We are very happy.

We just returned from our 1st DVC trip. We went to BWV, VB and OKW and it was truly magical. This was by far the best decission we could have made for our family. Beautiful resorts, friendly CM's and the magic of the World. DVC will be a lifetime of dreams come true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter