• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if airline leaves airport I have ressies on?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm getting nervous here. I have ressies on American Airlines, and there are rumors of it leaving the airport entirely where I have ressies to depart from. And the worst part is that the next closest airport that American uses is over 100 miles away. Certainly they wouldn't expect me to go all the way there. And this is a frequent flier award ticket. I didn't even pay money for it (well, at least not directly). What if they do drop this airport? Will they transfer me to another airline for free? Or do you really think they'd tell me to drive 125 miles to Corpus Christi, their next airport? Anyone with any experience in this area?

Not sure if I've heard of anyone encountering this situation before. My guess would be that American would credit your account back the frequent flier miles. The other alternative would be flying out of Corpus Christi.

I'd sue!!!!!

No just kidding.

I'd consider transferring all those frequent flyer miles into some other sort of commodity (can you get a cruise or car rental out of them or something?) and switching to another airline that wants you as a customer. From Texas you might consider driving to WDW.

AA's partners no longer inculde any other United States airline.....I would imagine that you could put your miles back into your account or travel the 125 miles....

Good luck

Since its an FTP tkt and it has no monetary value to it, they will reaccommodate you to the next closest airport (to you)that they fly out of, if this is not convenient to you then they will redeposit the ftp miles back into your account and you will have to purchase a tkt on another carrier.
If you had had a paid tkt that you spent money on, they would reaccommodate you from the closest airport to you, or refund your money. Depending on the other carriers that service the airport you are talking about (you didn't say) they may or may not rule 190.92 you on another carrier. (it could also be "rule 240" as well.)
Since you are using a fre tkt I doubt if much will be done except to put you on a flight out of the next closest airpoirt to you that they service or to simply redeposit the miles back into the account. They may even give you a travel voucher to use on your next flight with them, or add some extra miles in your account as a good will gesture, they are not obligated to do so. By putting you on a flight out of the next closest airport is doing what is in the guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter