What is the 1st thing you do on your 1st park day when you step through the gate.

StarWarsNerd24

Mouseketeer
I know this is probably not an original idea but I thought it might be fun to hear about peoples traditions or what they do first thing on entering the park on your first day. Thought it might be a nice diversion while we wait for the world to settle back to normal again.
For our family we always head to the Tiki room, get ourselves a Dole whip and go and enjoy the place where:

"All the birds sing words
And the flowers croon"

:love:

We do different things every time, but I can tell you what I’m doing when we go back for the first time after this crisis.... we are going to find Mickey and give him lots of hugs and I know I’m probably going to cry! 🤣🤣 Then, if DD4 has finally grown to 40”, we are going to ride BTMRR!

I realized that on my last few visits (we go once every 1-2 months), I did barely any shopping/shop perusing. So I'd probably spend a good amount of time in the shops along Main Street. Maybe with a Disney Starbucks in hand. :lovestruc

I try to go slow and take in the details of MS. I make a special effort to Look up and read some of the names on the windows as an homage to all those wonderful people and especially the ones that aren't with us anymore.

Or do you mean the very first thing? If so, I like to immediately drop my ticket only to discover having done so about 5 minutes later.
With that in mind, A big thanks to all those kind folks who return tickets to town hall.

Last edited:
We always walk down Main Street and go to Fantasyland. I always ride the carousel first. I'm an old lady now so I can't get onto the horses, but I can stand next to one of my grandchildren as she or he rides. Lots of good memories.

I love it! We went last year with my mother in law and will be going again this June with her and my kids. She's 79 and going strong, making great memories with the grandkids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter