What is the male equivalent of flowers as a gift?

UnderneathAMagicMoon

Mouseketeer
For Teacher Appreciation Week there is a suggested gift for each day of the week at my son’s daycare. In his particular class, of his teachers is male and the other is female. For “flower day”, I know his teacher who is a young guy does not particularly want flowers. I was going to get the female teacher flowers and find something else for the male teacher, but I don’t want whatever I bring to be perceived as a better or worse gift than the flowers for the female teacher.

Is there a gift that is pretty much the male equivalent of flowers? Or am I going to risk making one of his teachers feel shorted if I pick two different gifts? I could skip the flowers altogether and get them both a different gift, I just like picking out flowers because they’re so pretty!

For Teacher Appreciation Week there is a suggested gift for each day of the week at my son’s daycare. In his particular class, of his teachers is male and the other is female. For “flower day”, I know his teacher who is a young guy does not particularly want flowers. I was going to get the female teacher flowers and find something else for the male teacher, but I don’t want whatever I bring to be perceived as a better or worse gift than the flowers for the female teacher.

Is there a gift that is pretty much the male equivalent of flowers? Or am I going to risk making one of his teachers feel shorted if I pick two different gifts? I could skip the flowers altogether and get them both a different gift, I just like picking out flowers because they’re so pretty!
Maybe a plant instead of flowers? For both.

It’s definitely harder for a guy, if you don’t feel flowers or a plant would be right. I have given both to men, though. Not sure it would be appropriate for a teacher, but if I know a man enjoys a drink, I always go with a bottle of spirits. In this case I guess I’d suggest a coffee gift card.

Also, what is “flower day”? :confused:

As a male teacher what I can say I appreciate the most is either a gift card, or some sort of treat.(candy bar, beef jerky, you get the idea.)

It’s definitely harder for a guy, if you don’t feel flowers or a plant would be right. I have given both to men, though. Not sure it would be appropriate for a teacher, but if I know a man enjoys a drink, I always go with a bottle of spirits. In this case I guess I’d suggest a coffee gift card.

Also, what is “flower day”? :confused:
Most of the teachers I know would appreciate the booze!

So your expected to bring in a different gift each day if the week for two teachers? Ten gifts? And who decided on the themes? The teachers themselves?
That was my initial reaction, too. When I was a kid we gave teachers an end of year gift. The teachers I know said they just don’t need more junk like coffee mugs, etc.

Maybe get a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils?

So your expected to bring in a different gift each day if the week for two teachers? Ten gifts? And who decided on the themes? The teachers themselves?
That was my initial reaction, too. When I was a kid we gave teachers an end of year gift. The teachers I know said they just don’t need more junk like coffee mugs, etc.
Me too. So every child brings a gift every day for a week?! That seems a bit much. I’m not familiar with Teacher Appreciation week; we just did one gift at the end of school year too, or sometimes contributed to a group gift from the class.

Anyway, there’s no reason men can’t get flowers, but if you think he won’t appreciate them, choose something else and give both the same.

I'm sure I will get flamed (ducking), but another opportunity for Pinterest moms to outdo each other.

I'm for recognizing teachers, but from my experience what most really want are gift cards for themselves or to offset their out of pocket expenses.

Teacher Appreciation Week is quite common in the schools where I live, especially in preschool & elementary.

Most of the time, the PTA or a group of parents (if there isn’t a PTA) organizes the week, & having a theme for each day is pretty popular.

As both a former teacher & a parent & Facebook friends w/ several teachers & participating parents, over the years, I’ve seen the following themes:

Flower Day
Favorite Snack Day
School Supply Day
Favorite Beverage Day
Note of Appreciation Day
Chick-Fil-A Day
Breakfast Day
Potluck Lunch Day

Most of the time, the week is arranged so that Monday through Thursday are relatively “easy” and/or inexpensive themes - flower day (every child brings one flower to make up a bouquet for the teacher), snack or beverage day, school supply day, note of appreciation day, etc. - & culminates w/ a bigger “finale” on Friday - Chick-Fil-A for lunch, a catered breakfast or lunch, potluck lunch, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter