What is the most mportant thing you have FORGOTTEN?

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
What have you forgotten to bring or do and remembered it once it was too late?
The first trip I was in desperate need of a curling iron ;) , didn't bring one and couldn't find one anywhere to buy. (Oh well -- I lived. ;) )
This last trip -- of all things I forgot to bring was my DC card. :rolleyes: Wasn't that important, except I bought pins at the Houston airport DS and missed out on my discount.
Guess if those are my WORSE, I have done pretty good. :cool:

Gee, I'm usually a zealous over-packer, but on our driving trip to Houston this past March, my DH forgot to grab my cosmetics bag that has my prescription meds and all my make-up & toiletries (eek, no toothbrush, deodorant or hairspray for any of us!) LOL Oh well, it was a good excuse to visit Target.... :p

Our theme park tickets -- one trip I kept putting them aside saying "these are important - I don't want to put these in with everything else" and I didn't! Fortunately, park hoppers never expire so I bought new ones at the window and the next trip was a freebie as far as park tickets were concerned. For every trip since then, I've kept all tickets, birth certificates, vouchers, etc. in the large pocket of my rolling suitcase so I won't forget them.

This is going to sound stupid... but... coming from a CM, its unfortunate, but the most commonly forgot item is "Common Sense." I kid you not... :-\ So please folks... make sure ya pack some! :)

Don't forget to pack your sense of humor!!! I won't leave home without it - my kids are teens and you should hear them groan when I ask if they've packed it.

Indeed, that is also very important at Disney!! :teeth:

(Especially when you have people like me who joke around a lot...)

Guest: *points to bus* All Star Music?
Me: No... it's a bus. :jester:

My heavy coat. I asked DH -- got both coats? I knew I had the lightweight coats, so I meant both mine and his heavy coat. He answered yes thinking I meant did he get both of HIS coats. It was in the low 40s as soon as the sun went down that trip and I froze my tushy off. I realize few weeks are that cold in central Florida, but our week was. I made him share. ;)

Good point on the coat. A lot of folks don't realize it gets COLD down here during the winter months. (Although it is unsually warm right now...) December and January it can get down to freezing temps at night... and not much above 60 in the daytime.

tinaluis --

For every trip since then, I've kept all tickets, birth certificates, vouchers, etc. in the large pocket of my rolling suitcase so I won't forget them.

I hadn't even thought about bringing birth certificates -- do you ever need them?

Dawn

Each January trip for us, there has been at least one day where it was colder in WDW than Omaha! :eek:
I can and does get cold there. Even for those of us who are use to it.
I take winter and summer clothes and wear both!
Like anywhere, once the sun sets it is cold! I was very glad a few nights to be wearing my winter outerwear while waiting for Illuminations and for MK fireworks.
Last January, the only gloves I had brought were heavy. In MGM I bought some light weight Mickey head icon gloves and they were perfect. I even sometimes wore them during the day. :)

In my travels, the only time I was wondering if I needed a birth certificate was re-entering the U.S. from Tijuana. But heck, they hardly even looked at my driver's license. But times are different now too.

I have been good going to WDW but one trip to Washington, DC I forgot to pack hubby socks and last week I went to San Francisco and left all the confirmations and driving directions home.

On a trip about a year ago, I forgot to pack my glasses. I wear contact lenses during the day, but really missed having the glasses once I'd taken out my contacts in the evening. Luckily, it was only a weekend trip. Ever since then, I triple check that my glasses are packed before I walk out the door. :D

I've needed the birth certificates for check-in at the airport once or twice and I had them ready when my DD was not quite 3 (she is very big for her age) in case I was challenged when we went into the theme parks w/o a ticket for her. I was never asked for them, but I had them JIC.

My sister and I went to WDW last year and got five-day hoppers with four options. We had one day and three options left. So this year, we just got four day hoppers, planning on using the options from last year's passes.

My sister moved to Boston from my parents' house in Michigan last January, and I thought she would have left her Hopper there. I asked her several times before our trip whether or not she had her pass because I didn't want to have a mad dash to my parents' house the day before we left. You can guess where this is going.

The night before I was leaving (on a 7:00AM flight) I got a call at 9:00 PM - "you're going to kill me...". She had her Halloween Party ticket in Boston, not her Hopper, and had just noticed the writing on the back. There was no way I was doing the two hour round trip to my parents' house at that point. She called my mom, who said she found the pass and agreed to Fedex it to our hotel.

The pass got to the hotel the day after we arrived, and we opened the envelope to find that she had sent a hotel key card instead of the hopper pass. At that point, all we could do was laugh. My sister ended up buying a one-day pass for Blizzard Beach.

:rolleyes:

A sunhat ... and then aloe lotion for sunburns :)

Last summer when we went to WDW we took our Aerobed so the two teenage boys wouldn't have to share a bed for 10 days. DD packed the bed for me, but forgot to pack the pump!

On that same trip, DH forgot to pack the charging cord for his laptop. We told his brother where we hide the spare key, and he came to our house, got the missing items and shipped them to WL where we were staying.

Last year I forgot my DS whole suitcase. Didn't realize till we were checking in at the airport. We didn't have time to go home and get it I had to buy him some cloths at Disney when we got there. This year I triple checked before we left the house. Michelle

change,had to break a 20 in the park just to have some dollar bills for tipping

The week it was so cold and I didn't have my heavy coat was the week following Thanksgiving 3 years ago, I think. Highs were in the 40s -- 40 degrees is nothing until you realize how much you are outside -- especially waiting for the night shows. And it was windy, so I whined a lot. ;) I also bought me gloves from Disney and a WDW scarf pretty cheaply. Still use them, too.

The coldest I have ever been (I am a Southerner, I confess) was at the Outback Bowl 2 years ago in TAMPA of all places. It was in the 20s when the game started, but I had to strip out of layers as the temperature rose to the 60s. My DH even had to borrow my light blue long johns to layer under his jeans. I giggled the whole game. I guess the wind across the bay didn't help.

Just do your homework and bring things to layer. You will do fine. I always check to make sure MY heavy coat made it in the car before we leave. I learned my lesson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter