What is there to do at HHI in January?

Disney On The Bayou

Mouseketeer
Made resv. for 3 nights at HHI in January, would like to know what kinds of activities they might offer at that time. If you have any suggestions about things to do at this time either on or off property please reply. Also this is my first trip as a new DVC Member, deed closed yesterday. Thanks for all the good info on this site.

Hi!
We just returned from HHI and I asked that question to a CM. Apparently there is much to do on HHI in the off-season. Both pools are open and are heated to 84 degrees. I think she said the shuttle to the beach house still runs, but the snackbar at the beach house is closed. They concentrate on more activities that are indoors. More arts & craft type of things, bingo, etc. are emphasized. Bicycles are always a good idea, especially with the extensive bike paths on the island.

The dolphin cruises do run, according to Scott, our guide on the cruise we went on. They are booked on a "as needed basis". Golf is available. Restaurants are open. Just about all activities are available except going in the ocean, unless you don't mind cold ocean temperatures. They are trying very hard to make HHI a year-round destination.

I hope this was helpful.

Not all restaurants and stores are open, though. I agree biking would be nice then. Also, a day trip to Savannah might be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter