What is this like for Adults?

JungleBook88

The Jungle VIP
What are these adventures like for adults, I was thinking of going with my wife but it seems like these are geared more toward the 'junior adventurer' atleast that's what I gathered from the video. So my question is what's it like for the rest of us lol:goodvibes

DH and I are going next month (May 18th) on our first ABD - the Emerald Isle trip. We are actually going two days ahead of time to adjust to the time change and have a couple of extra days in Dublin! We have no children, however we are traveling with our best friends who do have a 9 year old boy. Per our itinerary, we do have an adults only night (kids are shipped off with the guides for dinner and a movie), some nights we have dinner on our own (romantic time) and all three of the places we are staying at have SPAS! I'll be keeping a daily journal and I plan on posting a trip report when we get back so...I can have answer for you at the end of next month! I do now that ABD does adult only tours - those usually take place in September (when it's back to school time I imagine!)

Don't know the answer to your question, but it will be just DH and I on our Southwest Splendors trip in just over a month. Yesterday, I got the box will all the goodies in it. Really getting excited about it now!
I'll try to do a trip report when we return.

My wife and I did the London/Paris trip last May. There were several families in the group, but the Junior Adventurer stuff was a minor sidelight at a few of the locations. I haven't seen the video you speak of, so I can't reference what is being shown.

For example, on our tour of the Louvre in Paris, the Disney guides took the kids who were 12 and younger on their own tour. The rest of the group went with the local guide through the Louvre.

As you are touring around, the Disney guides do make an effort to spend time with the younger kids interacting with them to keep them interested. But, this had no impact on how the tour is conducted.

Sites like Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Eiffel Tower, Louvre, etc. are not selected as places specificly for kids. I would characterize the trip as being very adult oriented.

Although, one funny moment, was when our local guide in London was very graphically going through how the public executions took place. The Disney guide was waving her Disney sign frantically at him as she was looking to see how many children were around. There were none.

The kids who did travel in the group were very well behaved and seemed to be genuinely interested in the sights.

What are these adventures like for adults, I was thinking of going with my wife but it seems like these are geared more toward the 'junior adventurer' atleast that's what I gathered from the video. So my question is what's it like for the rest of us lol:goodvibes

I don't know if you are aware of it or not but they do offer 'Adult Only' Tours a couple times each season, at least for the tour we booked. So that's another option.
I have never read anything posted that suggests children dominate the tours, just add another dimension to it.

Thank you all for your information, I really appreciate it, I'm defintely going to look into a trip. And Poppins2000 I'll definately be looking forward to your trip report. :)

Like PiperPilot, we did Knights & Lights last Summer and we never once felt like we were on a 'kiddie trip'. Other than the Welcome Reception and the Louvre tour, everything we did was done as a group and there was no particular slant towards being kid-friendly or adult-friendly. Rather, the focus is on having fun and learning about the sites, customs, etc.

Even though I had been to London and Paris before, I still learned a LOT from the great local Guides hired by Disney. My kids (11 and 14) also had a great time and learned a lot. The kids (the youngest was probably 9) were all fantastic.

All in all - just a great tour!

My husband and I did the Southwest Splendors trip last year. There were 17 kids on the trip ranging in age from about 6 to 19. Not once did we feel out of place. There was also another couple without kids on the trip. We had a great time and really enjoyed the range of people on the trip. As other posters have stated the ABD trip is really geared towards everyone having a good time. There were one or two small activities we skipped in favor of other things but for the most part we stayed with the group.

What is a long bus trip without someone asking if we are there yet? :rotfl2: We really traveled with a great bunch of people young and old.

hth

:rotfl2: Yeah all long trips need those lol

This does actually sound like a lot of fun and not kiddie at all. I'm definately going to look into prices and stuff and see what I can make happen on our budget. Thanks everybody for the great info:thumbsup2
This board is great:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter