What is your favorite Childrens PBS show?

What is your favorite PBS childrens show?

• Sesame Street

• Mister Rogers

• Book based--Clifford, Berenstain Bears

• Newer shows-Cyberchase, Libertys Kids

• Zoom (older/ or newer)

• What PBS?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
My parents were very particular on what we watched when we were younger, we never watched anything but PBS.

My son and daughter enjoy PBS more than any of the other stations as well.

What is your favorite?

DD's favs are the newer things now that she's grown up -- Between the Lions, Liberty's Kids, Cyberchase as well as Zoom. She's grown up on all things PBS and still enjoys a little Journey to Ernie every now and again :)

She's a PBS and Disney Channel (specifically Lizzie, Even Stevens, and Kim Possible) fan.

She goes to her friend's house in the morning to wait for the bus and told me they don't watch any "good stuff" there so she just reads while waiting. When I asked her what she meant she said there were just too many commercials so it wasn't worth watching. I had to LOL at this considering Disney channel's incessant shilling for their own programs but I can see her point.

Sunny day, chasing the clouds away....:D

My DD4 loves Clifford, Author and Dragon Tales...
oh, we watch Sesame on Noggin in the afternoon they show repeats of the older shows sometimes...

Holycow

Definitely Sesame Street for my 3 year old DD...as for my 5 year old son, he would rather watch Justice League on Cartoon Network...he is really into Superheroes lately! :)

LOL :D I got an autograph from Rita Moreno and she inscribed it with "Hey youuuuuuuuu guuuuuuyyssss!" Loved that show as a kid. Especially Fargo North Decoder.

Originally posted by grinningghost
LOL :D I got an autograph from Rita Moreno and she inscribed it with "Hey youuuuuuuuu guuuuuuyyssss!" Loved that show as a kid. Especially Fargo North Decoder.

wow, really cool autograph... thats fun.

Electric Company, to my recollection, was NOT on PBS. The Electric Company was on after Spiderman and Banana Splits...

I may be wrong though. I do remember very vaguely.. Romper Room but I don't recall if that was PBS or not.

Actually, I thought Electric Company was on PBS (along with 3-2-1 Contact)

Sesame Street is still the king, though! :)

I may have a foggy memory.. I do remember 3 2 1 Contact, I can still sing the theme song...

I may also be remembering syndication reruns which may have been run on a NON PBS station.. or I could just be getting old age...

Sesame Street is the favorite in my house now because that's what my 2 year old likes. When I was growing up I liked, Sesame Street, Electric Company and Zoom.

I have to confess. When I have the time, I watch 2 children's shows on PBS. :teeth: Unfortunately, I don't know their titles.

The first stars Levar Burton. He takes viewers on all sorts of educational adventures and at the end of the show, children talk about books that are related to the subject they just learned about.

The second is a show that stars a lemur and 2 brothers. They educate the viewers about all different sorts of animals.

Both shows are great!! :)

I also watch bits and pieces of Zoom when I get a chance, because it gives me some great ideas to use in my someday classroom. :)

Thanks Steve! I think you're right. :) I believe the theme song has the words, "I can do anything ..." in it. I hope I'm not confusing two shows. :eek: :p

I remember Romper Room and the Magic Garden? With the Chuckle patch. Oh and The Great Space Coaster. But I also loved SS and Mr. Rogers.

DS watches PBS but alot of DIsney and ToonDisney as well.

Zaboomafoo! Although the Kratt brothers remind me of the Menendez brothers.... :eek:

The Electric Company was on PBS here in Maine..... "Faster than a rolling O... Taller than a capital T......"

Electric Company was PBS here too. Remember Morgan Freeman as the Easy Reader? How about Fargo North, Decoder?

I loved that show!!!!

Arthur!!
It's my fave in general..:o

PBS is a little too far to the left for us. The kids did do Mr. Rogers in it's day though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter