• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite rundisney race?

In retrospect, my fave was TOT. Of course, that's almost certainly extinct. Of course.

At the time I thought "hot humid hot hot hot" but it was actually fun, and I LOVE the medal.

Thanks for responses guys! The WDW marathon is DEFINITELY on my bucket list. And wine and dine is appealing to me because of the lack of crazy early wake up call. I am in driving distance of Disneyland now, so I may do one of those races next to save money. There are just so many choices on both coasts!

Night races are nice for us west coasters because the time change WORKS for us! Especially since I tend to run in the late afternoon/evening anyway. Fabulous!

I loved the Wine and Dine. It's cooler temps at night and I'd rather be up till 3am than to get up at 3am for a race! The after party at Epcot is amazing and I don't know if there is another race that someone hands you a beer when you finish!

The after party at Epcot is amazing and I don't know if there is another race that someone hands you a beer when you finish!

Hmm. You had a different experience.

First we waited in line to get each of our gear bags. Shivering the whole time.

Then we got in line for beer, where we waited at least 15 minutes. Shivering the whole time, but drinking our chocolate milk which we had put in our gear bags. Felt human for about 10 minutes after that chocolate milk. Then found out the beer was Bud or something like that, and we needed to be in a different line for a different beer. Didn't want to wait. We were wet and freezing.

If ONLY someone had simply handed it to us. :)

After that we decided that there was nothing fun about being wet and freezing, and we skipped the afterparty. Sadness.

Hmm. You had a different experience.

First we waited in line to get each of our gear bags. Shivering the whole time.

Then we got in line for beer, where we waited at least 15 minutes. Shivering the whole time, but drinking our chocolate milk which we had put in our gear bags. Felt human for about 10 minutes after that chocolate milk. Then found out the beer was Bud or something like that, and we needed to be in a different line for a different beer. Didn't want to wait. We were wet and freezing.

If ONLY someone had simply handed it to us. :)

After that we decided that there was nothing fun about being wet and freezing, and we skipped the afterparty. Sadness.
Well shoot! I should have prefaced my post by saying that I didn't do this past year, mine was in 2013 and there was nothing cold about it, even at 2am! And I was slow enough that there was no waiting for booze, so...:)

In retrospect, my fave was TOT. Of course, that's almost certainly extinct. Of course.

At the time I thought "hot humid hot hot hot" but it was actually fun, and I LOVE the medal.

Night races are nice for us west coasters because the time change WORKS for us! Especially since I tend to run in the late afternoon/evening anyway. Fabulous!
I really liked many things about ToT,not being an early riser I like night races,the costumes were amazing,one of my favorite things about the race is the pre race festivities to check out what costumes people come up with.There were a few things that I'm hoping they improve when they bring back a Halloween themed race in the future,one is the whole running to AK to just turn around and go back without even entering the AK parking lot,just make it a half and have us go inside AK.Another thing is the after party in DHS,with such a low amount of rides at a certain point when the middle of the pack runners start coming in the ride wait times just shot up,I remember even hearing rumors that CM's were putting like 90 minute wait times on ToT when in reality they were like 30 to discourage riders and get people to go home.Another thing that needs to be improved would be a better finish line,it was cool being next to ToT but spectators never saw you until you were past the finish line.That finish line will never be used again as a new theater was built in its place.I did W&D for the first time in 2015 so I never have done the full race,I would love to try it again this year but I have a wedding to attend.Did someone say there were multiple beers to choose after Wine and Dine?Last year the options were wine,soda or Michelob Ultra.I know Disney races are premium races that are not cheap but with such a high price tag that seem to go up yearly I think they could do better with the food options at the end of the races.The Ft.Lauderdale A1A half I ran 2 weeks ago,I must have paid $70 and probably got a good chunk of that back with all the giveaways at the expo and the post race party,all the beer you want,chocolate milk,they were giving you multiple bottles of muscle milk,burgers,tacos,orange juice,frozen yogurt bars,cappuccinos,ocean spray juices,coconut milk,etc..for runners and spectators.I wasn't planning on doing this race next year but it seems almost silly not to,and the medals are usually very nice so the theme is something to look forward to.

I have only run the WDW Marathon weekends, Goofy and Dopey once each. So I guess I don't have a lot of comparison experience. But I loved those races! Great atmosphere, super supportive crowds and fellow runners; I am addicted. I really like the classic character themed medals too. Can't wait for 2017!

WDW Marathon. Electric environment, all 4 parks, Mickey medal at the end...love it. :)

So far, absolutely this! The marathon was my favorite race of all time - long enough to require purposeful training, all four parks, great theme (far prefer mickey and minnie over princesses) and so much excitement. I also appreciate that it occurs during value season, so the room rates are relatively low. Two good things about Princess: the timing is perfect for our kids' school schedules and for those of us wishing to escape the cold in the middle of winter rather than right on top of winter break. And I like the Corral A placement I had for the Princess Half this year - that will not happen for Marathon Weekend. Hoping to register for Dopey next year . . .

So far, absolutely this! The marathon was my favorite race of all time - long enough to require purposeful training, all four parks, great theme (far prefer mickey and minnie over princesses) and so much excitement. I also appreciate that it occurs during value season, so the room rates are relatively low. Two good things about Princess: the timing is perfect for our kids' school schedules and for those of us wishing to escape the cold in the middle of winter rather than right on top of winter break. And I like the Corral A placement I had for the Princess Half this year - that will not happen for Marathon Weekend. Hoping to register for Dopey next year . . .
So true about escaping the cold...but then the downside is figuring out how to get the long runs in for those races!! o_O

It's worth it, obviously, but that's something I'm nervous about for Princess 2017 training!

My favorites are Avengers and WDW Marathon weekend. The Disneyland races are amazing because everything is so close and it's easy to get around. That being said, the half courses tend to be a little less interesting to me because you really only get about 3-4 miles in the parks, then you're out on the Anaheim streets. I think that's why Avengers is my favorite of the Disneyland races -- I loved seeing all the Cosplay characters out on the course in addition to the rest of the local crowd support. And, for Disney World, you just can't beat marathon weekend. There's just something about being around so many runners at one time that make it a really special time to be in the parks.

I've only done the Princess so far, but next is Dark Side! So I can't wait to see which one I like better! I also really wan't to do the Wine and Dine! But the look of the consensus for WDW Marathon is really making me think I should try that one next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter