What kind of bag is best for a sore back?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I sometimes get a sore back and I have been wondering what type of bag I should carry on my upcoming trip. That isn't until November, but I am a compulsive planner, and I am already worrying about every little facet of my trip.

I sometimes get a sore back and I have been wondering what type of bag I should carry on my upcoming trip. That isn't until November, but I am a compulsive planner, and I am already worrying about every little facet of my trip.
I think any backpack that has a chest buckle can help. Proper fit is always key with backpacks. If its slouchy it's always gonna hurt ur lower back. I'm a planner also. 9 months out and I already have a park bag packed. We usally use the lightweight bags that fold into them selfs into a pouch . Light weight and lots of room when needed.

If you can, go bagless. That’s what we do. Phone, ID, small sunscreen in pocket (usually DH’s since he had deeper pockets). Makes it so much easier.

If you can, go bagless. That’s what we do. Phone, ID, small sunscreen in pocket (usually DH’s since he had deeper pockets). Makes it so much easier.
I agree with this. I haven't carried a bag in years. My phone has one of those tacky slip pocket things on it so I can put ID, CC and room key if staying at Dolphin in it. Little cash in my pocket in a flip wallet. Reading glasses around my neck, hat on my head, sunglasses on my head and if it's going to rain, either a poncho folded up in a pocket or short umbrella with a strap either in my hand or attached to my shorts if there is a belt loop. Anything else, I can buy or get in the parks. My son usually has cargo pockets (darn you women's shorts don't) so he carries one of the phone charges you can swap out at the park.

I recommend thinking about whether you really need to carry a bag at all. I only carry my phone, a credit card, ID, a $20 bill, and sunglasses. All of that will easily fit in my pocket or a runners belt

I used to carry a lot more, but I realized that I never used any of it.

I will only carry backpacks with a strap that goes around the front and buckles near the chest. It puts the load in a better spot for me.

I bring a backpack (only because someone needs to be the one lugging everything...), but if you need only the essentials then you can probably get away with no bags.

I use a Herschel belt bag aka fanny pack, but wear it crossbody. We also have a stroller for our young kids, but all our cards, portable charger, sunglasses go in my belt bag.

I agree that a backpack with straps in the front (at least a chest strap, but if you're carry anything remotely heavy, it's good to also have a waist strap). In the warmer months I'll often go without a bag, but in November I like to carry a packable jacket since it can get cool at night.

I get a sore back too, and have found a waist pack to be a total game changer. It is amazing what a difference it makes not to have anything hanging off your shoulders. I keep it light, with just my phone, charger, id, emergency cash, a few band-aids, and a couple single use sunscreen packets.

I had whiplash many years ago and could barely carry anything for a long time. I went to all the camping stores in my town and tried on all the small backpacks until I found the one that fit my back best. It’s not a camping bag, just a small bag designed more in shape for cycling and day use. It has plenty of straps to adjust where the weight is pulling depending on the pain. It’s been great on all my trips as I can carry a rain jacket, water bottle and some snacks without worrying. Also in the cooler months a long day in the park requires something warm for the evening so bagless isn’t my style. The only problem is the bag has a lot of zippers that takes a while at security. Those smaller compartments and structure to the bag are great for distributing the weight the right way. I recommend shopping g around for something adjustable. By the end of a long day in the parks it’s worth it!

Security is a real pain, and they make you unzip every single zipper on your bag. Since I am traveling in November, most likely I won't be able to get away with just a fanny pack. Not sure how chilly the evenings might get. I hate to second guess all these factors, but you know how it goes. The one thing you don't carry will end up being the one thing you need. I don't always end up back at the hotel, once I leave in the am. I am already sorting through my closets for lighter night time attire, I might be able to use for November evenings.

Agreed. We went bagless for the last half of our trip last Summer. After the first few days I commented that we didn't get into the bag once all day. We didn't even use our phone charger and we took lots of pictures. We take a mid afternoon rest/swim break so we found that recharging the phone and reapplying sunscreen before heading back to the parks worked great. We each carried phones in pockets along with a sunscreen lip protection chapstick tube, and I had a couple rain ponchos. Bagless saved a lot of time in the mornings skipping bagcheck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter