What on earth happened to McDonalds?

Well, it is when you're traveling. Don't enjoy eating in the car, so we'll eat inside on those occasions that we go to McDonald's.
I went in on our last trip because the drive thru was backed up all the way out to the street. Didn't like the kiosk setup, people were everywhere. I used the app standing toward the back of the crowd and it worked great. Still a mess in there though.

Rarely eat at McDonald's since very few items on the menu I like. Always use the drive-thru line so no idea what the recent interior changes might have been. Marketing departments seem to want to force you to use their 'app' since they think you are more likely to eat there. Doesn't work for me, if I don't like their food, none of those tricks make me more likely to eat there. If the drive-thru wasn't open and you had to use some app inside that location to place your order, I would get back in my car and eat elsewhere.

This. McDonald's has never had comfortable seating or much ambience. I'll bring it home and eat on the couch, or eat in the car during a road trip. But I've never seen it as a dine-in experience.

Actually, McDonalds and other fast food palces deliberately used a mildly uncomfortable ambiance to discourage people from lingering too long. The concept is meant to turn tables and stay busy, so they don't want people hanging out, hence the hard plastic chairs/booths, etc. They seem to have moved away from that with the coffeehouse vibe and free wi-fi, etc. but that was always the idea.

Actually, McDonalds and other fast food palces deliberately used a mildly uncomfortable ambiance to discourage people from lingering too long. The concept is meant to turn tables and stay busy, so they don't want people hanging out, hence the hard plastic chairs/booths, etc. They seem to have moved away from that with the coffeehouse vibe and free wi-fi, etc. but that was always the idea.
I’d say the furniture was durable too. But I know a number of people who would go there after church on Sundays, as well as a group of retirees who would meet at one daily. The new one near me has no drink station and actually has a sign on the door that says 30 minute limit for dining.

I’d say the furniture was durable too. But I know a number of people who would go there after church on Sundays, as well as a group of retirees who would meet at one daily. The new one near me has no drink station and actually has a sign on the door that says 30 minute limit for dining.

Oh yeah, it's something we all just became accustomed to as fast food became such a norm and places in general stopped being so...nice. That was the original idea though. As a kid, I'd have hung out at McD's all day!

Wow, you get 30 minutes? The major downtown one here has a 15 minute limit.

Let not mention the fact that the food, which was always unhealthy but guilty to admit was tasty, has also declined in quality.

I just cannot eat there anymore, everything tastes like salt to me.

I used to occasionally go to McD's for lunch and I really always liked the McRib. A couple of months ago when they recycled the McRib back into the seasonal menu I bought one and even though I can't pinpoint what was different it really wasn't what I remembered. Then a couple weeks ago I was running late and stopped in for a quarter pounder and the bun was saturated with grease... it was awful. I guess I'm done with them, I no longer have that occasional hankering for some good tasting junk food from there.

I know the place isn't the healthiest place to eat so save the lecture, we are all going to die of something and the few meals I have had at MickeyD's is not going to change the end date.

I mean, not really? It just they wont give up any profits.

They can easily afford to pay and treat their employees better and pay them more without going into debt, but gotta think on those 1% peoples profits….
I don't disagree, but it's just never going to happen.

A couple of weeks ago we had the grandkids for the day, we picked them up after their Karate class and they needed lunch. We gave them a choice of a few different places and they choose McDonalds. I ordered a double cheeseburger and I have to say it was REALLY good. I haven't had McDonalds in a very long time, so it was surprising how good it tased, it's either that or I was just hungry. LOL

My complaint was the cost of that double cheeseburger, it cost over $4. The double cheeseburger used to be on the $1 menu years ago. That was a bit of a shock to me, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they have help wanted signs out that say they pay up to $19 per hour. That money has to come from somewhere.

On the other hand, their pumpkin spice latte was only $1.79 and it is really good. This is much cheaper then say Donkin Donut or Wawa and it's very tasty. I guess you win some and loose some?

Wow, I didn't know McDonalds was changing their decor so much, and everything else. We have 2 in town and you can go in and sit down. You can order at the counter with no problem. They still have their refill station for drinks. They have a couple of self order kiosks but no one seems to use them. I guess we are lucky that we still have that kind of service. I didn't know it had changed so much in other places.

Then a couple weeks ago I was running late and stopped in for a quarter pounder and the bun was saturated with grease... it was awful. I guess I'm done with them, I no longer have that occasional hankering for some good tasting junk food from there.
Well, a few years back McDonalds switched from frozen beef patties to fresh locally sourced beef. I have to wonder if that prompted the grease situation. While fresh beef is better, McDonalds had complete control of the ingredients when they provided them all frozen, including the percentage of fat in the beef. Now, it can vary depending on the local beef supplier the location uses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter