• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What rate has anyone got for HIFS in Feb?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
I was just on the phone with the HIFS reservations manager.
Here is my scenerio:
Way back in March, I booked HIFS for first 2 weeks of Feb. at a rate of $125/night 'til the 10th, then up to $169/night. When the BOGO first came out, I called HIFS directly, and asked to change my ressie to BOGO. The girl didnt have a clue what I was takinkg about. She thought the special would maybe start the next day, and I should call back then. So I called back first theing the next morning, and was told, sorry, we are all sold out of that special. AAAGGGHHHH!! So, with advice from these boards, I booked it myself on line. Had to book in 2 night incriments and got the special. The rate on my confirmation says $125/night and up to $169/night on the 10th.
So I call today,(actually, Ive been calling for a few days, but no one knew what I wanted), to have all ressies put on one ressie number. Finally I get the manager. He says OK I see tha you want to put them all ion one ressie. I say yes, and I want to use my online ressie number so I get the BOGO. He says my original ressie was already changed to a BOGO! I know I didnt call them to change it, so why would it be changed? Any way, he says the BOGO price is $139/ night, then up to $159 on the 10th of Feb. He says they never had a $125/night rate!! AAGGGHHHH!!
Im going to fax him my online ressie confirmation letters.
I hope this hotel is worth it, because the trouble Ive had with reservations isnt leaving me in a very Disney mood! ;)
I just checked on HIFS website, and it does have kidssuites STARTING at $125/night. Do they normally increase the price for the BOGO offer?
What kind of rates has anyone else got at the time. If what hes saying is true, ill pay it, but I just dont want to get ripped off.
Sorry this was so long.
I guess it was a question/vent thread! lol
Karen

i called too when this buy one get one free rate special came out. it was $139/NIGHT. when i called the other night to add too more tights...they changed the whole reservation to the $159 rate i realized this after i got off the phone. called the next day and got the rate changed back to my original rate of $139. i am going the week after thanksgiving. it seems like ithe rate changes depending on who you speak to at hifs. thanks

It's too bad they're chaning rates on you for the BOGO. But I believe that's pretty common practice in hotel policies. When they have a get one free nite, they usually charge you rack rate for the other nites, and of course rack rate is gonna be higher on the weekend.

You pay the higher rack rate when it's BOGOF. They don't allow other discounts with it which is pretty understandable as it is a great promotion. We used it when we went almost 2 years ago. It was HELL on check out and we almost missed our flight trying to get out of there. They charged us the full price and had no "paperwork" on my discounted rate even though I had confirmed by phone (a few times) and twice on check-in. Make sure you have everything documented and the names off ALL the people you speak with. The manager himself was very annoyed about the whole thing... but did give us the discount after speaking with the people I had worked with.
IMHO no, this hotel was not worth it...
Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter