What resort for a big family

Sabo

Mouseketeer
We have a family of eighteen: with kids: 18, 16, 8, 7, 6, 4, and twin 1 year olds. Last year we stayed at the Beach Club and everyone loved it. Is there another resort that we might enjoy more? Don't get me wrong we loved the Beach Club and are probably going to stay there again next July but we may want a change. Any help would be great.

I'd say the Polynesian would be fun for a big family!

1. You're a monorail ride or boat ride awway from the MK.

2. You're close to the TTC with monorail access to Epcot.

3. The volcano pool is quite cool, although I'm sure not as much fun as Stormalong Bay.

4. You have 2 of the best restaurants in WDW: Kona Cafe and 'Ohana.

5. You can walk to the GF for great restaurants too, like 1900 Park Fare.

6. The marina at the Polynesian rents water mouse boats which are TONS of fun for the teenagers.

7. The rooms are HUGE!!! I think they're even bigger than the rooms at the GF.

8. The resort is very casual and laid back.

9. Everyone gets leis at check-in.

10. There are nightly torch lighting ceremonies and I think a lady bug release.

11. The Polynesian Luau dinner show is right at the resort.

12. You can lay on the beach or by one of the pools.

13. There's a great arcade near guest laundry and the NeverLand club.

Hope this is helpful! Have fun choosing!

Wow! Thats a lot of rooms to book! The Beach Club have now added villas which have two bedrooms. These rooms sleep 8 and have a full kitchen and washer and dryer. If you decide to stick wtih Beach Club, you might want to try the Beach Club Villas.

I would have to agree with Scanne on all the reasons for the Poly. We stayed there last year as a family of 12(3rooms) and loved every minute of it. We were originally at the BC but switched after 1 night. I would have to make room size #2 on my list right after the incredible view of the castle and the fireworks from the beach or a lagoon view room. Nothing can beat it!
The kids we had with us ranged from age 17-2 1/2 and they were all in love with the Poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter