What restaurant was one and done for you?

Ohana is closed right now :(
We followed the Dole Whip🍦 and 'Ohana noodles recipes that Disney released. DH had trouble finding some of the ingredients and had to make substitutions. I followed the recipes as closely as I could, and they were an epic fail. I feel like they released these recipes to make us want to go back even faster than before. So, I'm really hoping that we will be able to go on our trip next July. If we have a vaccine, and it is safe for us to go, we will get the Twilight Feast on night one, have 'Ohana breakfast morning one, and 'Ohana dinner on the night before we leave. I will order my Spikey Pineapple every day at the Oasis pool (Dole Whip with rum) and hang out at Trader Sam's🍹🍹🍹 until they are sick of seeing my face.

Yeah, like I said earlier. If these "one and done" or "best meal ever" threads keep going long enough, you'll find every restaurant on both lists. :D
Yeah, as soon as I posted i kind of regretted it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but my family enjoys this restaurant so much I guess I was trying to convince the poster to give it another shot.

Yeah, as soon as I posted i kind of regretted it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but my family enjoys this restaurant so much I guess I was trying to convince the poster to give it another shot.

Understood. I get it - it’s easy to get defensive when a fave gets slammed.

This is one thing I've seen mentioned a couple times but don't quite understand. Lunch and dinner have the same menu, so $60 may be ok for dinner, but not for lunch? I guess I don't get the reasoning for that. Or are you saying that $60 is too much regardless of which meal it is.
Rephrase

I'm not paying $60 for Be our Guest regardless of mealtime

1900 Park Fare for us. The stepsisters, etc. were entertaining, but not enough to warrant the cost for a buffet that was pretty gross. Over many years, there have been very few meals that we would characterize as "bad." This was one of them. The high expense just added insult to injury.

This is one thing I've seen mentioned a couple times but don't quite understand. Lunch and dinner have the same menu, so $60 may be ok for dinner, but not for lunch? I guess I don't get the reasoning for that. Or are you saying that $60 is too much regardless of which meal it is.
So usually, the lunch was great as it was QS, cheaper, & still great menu options--and you still got to eat in the castle (but no Beast @ lunch). Now, yes the menu & price are the same for both lunch & dinner--TS, $60+, etc--(and the Beast now appears @ both meals). I think some people (like us, as we have planned for our trip in 2 weeks) are reasoning that if you're going to spend over $60 on a special meal that includes potentially heavy/hot appetizer/entree/dessert, it makes more sense to do that @ dinnertime. (Does anyone want wine, french onion soup, a steak, and dessert trio @ noon, only to venture back out into the FL heat to go on rides w/ a mask on for 6 more hours? 🤢 Personally, it sounded better to us to finish up w/ rides & the heat and end our day @ MK w/ dinner there.) Anyway, guessing that's what folks may be referring to when suggesting that dinner is a better option now than lunch, whereas before a lot of people preferred the lunch option, esp per value, as it used to be.

Well it wasn't a one, but it was a done. We'd eaten at Beaches & Cream quite a few times pre-renovation, and loved the atmosphere, and the food was pretty good, too! We have some great memories there of past trips with family members who are no longer with us. This past July we were so happy to be able to snag a reservation. In a nutshell, the service was sloppy, the manager very rushed and disheveled looking, our food was downright terrible, and I just find the new & not improved B&C lacking in the fun 50s doo-wop ice cream parlor style of it's previous decor. I had the reuben, and it had such big chunks of fat in it that it made me gag just looking at it. If you ever want me to sing like a canary, threaten me with forcing me to eat a piece of fat! There was a minute amount of Thousand Island dressing, and the onion rings were extremely greasy. I needed to blot them with my napkins! My sister had the french dip, which was slightly better, but very dry, and skimpy on the meat & cheese. The crispy onions were the best part of her sandwich, and the french fries were good. Her wine and my hard root beer float saved the meal! I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed we were with this meal. I should have sent it back, but honestly, at that point I had lost my appetite.

enhance

enhance

Tusker House is a big disappointment.

I usually love Indian and African foods. Stewed meat, greens, chilies, bread, rice, etc. So good. So interesting. Hmmm spicy. Or complex.

But Tusker House is nasty. Slimy, bland, everything has coconut. I like coconut, but not on everything. The only thing it has going for it is AC and characters.

At AK these days, we stick with Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe for sit down meals.
I agree. I thought I would love Tusker House.... I was not impressed at all. We will go to Yak & Yeti or Tiffins now at AK.

There are a few on our family's list.
AK - Tusker House
MK - Tony's, Crystal Palace
HS - Sci Fi Diner, Hollywood and Vine
EP - we have liked every one enough to go to again... some were just ok but not bad enough to not go back
Resorts - Grand Floridian Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter