What rides did your 2-3 year old enjoy?

liamthompson

Earning My Ears
Friend invited us to a local amusement park (not disney) for her 3yo's birthday. My kid will almost be 3 and is 36 inches, so he is tall enough for most of the kiddie rides but has a rather cautious temperament. I'm afraid of putting him on something like dumbo/teacups and he get scared! When your kids were 2-3 years old, what did they enjoy? Feel free to use the magic kingdom names for rides...I just tried to describe the teacups as "spinning seats" for this post and realized using the MK names would be much easier!

Friend invited us to a local amusement park (not disney) for her 3yo's birthday. My kid will almost be 3 and is 36 inches, so he is tall enough for most of the kiddie rides but has a rather cautious temperament. I'm afraid of putting him on something like dumbo/teacups and he get scared! When your kids were 2-3 years old, what did they enjoy? Feel free to use the magic kingdom names for rides...I just tried to describe the teacups as "spinning seats" for this post and realized using the MK names would be much easier!
I will use my grandkids. Most enjoyed any ride that some one could ride with them. Only one most of mine would not ride at that age were whip type rides. You are not in Pa as such not looking at Dutch Wonderland

They are all different. My 3 kids were different. My DD loved Big Thunder Mtn RR at 3.5 years. My DS was much more cautious even when older.

I think kiddie land rides that you just put them on are pretty tame. My 2 YO grandson will ride around in a circle at Chucky Cheese. Anything bigger like Dumbo or teacups you need to be on there with them, and they should be fine. You have some control on how high it goes or how much it spins.

It'll really vary based on the child. We took DS to Disney World just before his 3rd birthday and he was 40 inches. He rode everything, including Tower of Terror, and loved it. We are close to Cedar Point and mine road everything there as he was tall enough. A lot of the more intense kid rides allow an adult to ride with them.

Both my DDs were cautious but tall at 2-3 years. They rode everything at Disney they were tall enough for. TOT, BTTM, EE. I found our attitudes towards the ride and our excitement really helped. I actually have a heights issue. I don't like a lot of rides including Soarin', but I got on and was really enthusiastic. It was the last time I tried for many years, but my kids loved it. Start small and work up to bigger coasters.
I remember to this day my 5-year-old getting off Doctor Dooms Fear Fall at Universal and said it was lame- she wanted a faster drop! I was thrilled to hear it- watching it from the ground was fearfull for me!

my second son first visited when he was 2 1/2 but was tall enough for quite a bit. His favourite ride, hands down, was Tower of Terror... he must have ridden it 11 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter