• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What room or area to request Grand Californian

Angie1437

Earning My Ears
I booked a premium theme park view room, but I was wondering if there was a certain room or even area to request beyond just a theme park room? Thanks

We've never stayed Theme Park View, but I would suggest requesting a higher floor. The higher you are, the less ambient theme park noise and also maybe a bit of a better view. As far as area, like east to west, I'm not sure maybe someone who stayed there can help with that! I would guess that you will probably have a great view no matter what! Enjoy the GCH!!

We requested to be near the elevator by the Napa Rose and got a room on the 5th or 6th floor (don't remember which) that over-looked the Grizzly River Run. We were very happy with this location!

If you are looking at a map (like here) , check out the northeasternmost wing--rooms 419-454 (the floor number will be the first number on those, for example fifth floor the numbers are 5419-5454). I'm not positive, but I'm guessing the ones on the south side of that wing are theme park views? I know that there is a stair access from some floors at the end of the wing, which goes down to an emergency exit door (it's not an alarm door or anything, but it's locked from the inside) that you can use to get into DTD in the morning. It lets you out right at the top of DTD, by La Brea Bakery, just a few hundred feet away from the security tents. Which is handy. However, coming back, you have to go the long way around. It's been called the "secret entrance" for quite awhile, but it's really a secret exit.

We stayed there years ago and our room faced DTD and we didn't like it at all. Our DD was 2 at the time and it was hard to sleep with all the sounds coming from that area. So I would say if you want a quiet room, don't face DTD.

I don't think that any "Theme Park View" room face DtD.....
Maybe look at photos and decide if you would enjoy the more tranquil Grizzly area view or the colors of the Paradise Pier view. Call and see if both are available (I know DVC has Paradise Pier views....just not sure of the hotel Theme Park View rooms)

Our room definitely faced DTD. Our view was watching people walk by the stores, we were on a lower floor and couldn't see the parks at all.
ETA - Oops, I meant we weren't in a theme park view room

Room on a high floor near the Napa Rose elevator. Views there are into DCA/Grizzly Peak and not too noisy at night since the park closes at 10 at the latest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter