what room size w/ 2 adult size teens?

4HOLIDAYS

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what size room most of you book when you have aduly size kids?

My DH and I have 2 DS(17, 14) that are too big for sleeper sofa with minimal support. They are 5'11 and 5'8 and 17 is 190 lbs.

We brought 2 twin air mattress for the floor in a 1 br before. That works ok but is a bit of a pain and it is the main reason for a 1br, for the floor space.

Has any one fit them into a studio? The 2 br may be the next step- it seems such a waste of points just for the second bed. We also thught of 2 studios but they may be in very dif parts of a resort.

So what do others in this situation do?

I am wondering what size room most of you book when you have aduly size kids?

My DH and I have 2 DS(17, 14) that are too big for sleeper sofa with minimal support. They are 5'11 and 5'8 and 17 is 190 lbs.

We brought 2 twin air mattress for the floor in a 1 br before. That works ok but is a bit of a pain and it is the main reason for a 1br, for the floor space.

Has any one fit them into a studio? The 2 br may be the next step- it seems such a waste of points just for the second bed. We also thught of 2 studios but they may be in very dif parts of a resort.

So what do others in this situation do?

Get a one bedroom that officially sleeps five - OKW, BLT or AKV (non-value villas). Then you also get the second bathroom at Kidani Village and BLT. Each kiddo gets their own sleeper, either the sofa or the chair. I've slept on the sleeper sofa years ago and my son get stuck on them every time (he's 6'3" and about 170).

If you get two studios, technically, the two boys could not stay in the studio until one reached 18 yrs old.

We have two DS's (17 and 19), and we've been booking a two bedroom for the last few trips they've come along. We did a one bedroom at SSR a few years ago, but it was a pain having them on a sofa. They like to sleep in. I think I'd go with two studios before I went with a one bedroom again. Of course, YMMV. :upsidedow

On one trip the four of us spend the first night in studio at BCV. Never again. That's too many bodily functions happening a contained area. :rotfl:

Before our sons got married which required us to get multiple bedroom villas, we got a dedicated 2 bedroom so that they each got a bed. Once we had an 18 year old, we changed to 2 studios with a request that they be linked. Sometimes we got lucky and they were close and sometimes they weren't as close.

would go with 1-bedroom at OKW - it is bigger and the problems with storage of your twin air mattress hopefully won;t happen there.

next year go with 2 = studios - but only at OKW - it is the only one with 2 beds in each studios.

so it is either OKW - or a dedicated 2-bedroom somewhere else (except BCV or BWV - bwv has no dedicated, and bcv only has 25 - the rest are queen bed and double sleeper sofa)

AKV-Kidani, BLT, OKW, SSR, VWL all have 2-bedroom dedicated w/ 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter