What scrapbook supplies have you bought at WDW and where

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
We are going in September and have heard there are albums, stickers, diecuts etc. available in the park. Wondering what everyone has bought and where. In preperation I have already bought the the ****-a-doodle do page toppers, frames, pieces. My minds eye disney kids, teacups and a few extras.

Has anybody bought the HOTP disney book, did you use most of the paper.

What is the best size for a disney album 8.5 or 12

Thanks,

I bought my album at disneyworld, Click here to see what the album looks like
it's a 3 ring binder, with 12x12 pages, except they are really 11 1/2 by 12. I got it from the World of Disney store, but they had them most places.

They also had one 8.5 x 11 ones, but I prefered the larger size.

they sell stickers quite a few places - you can see them here. MouseMemories

I bought a couple of packs, but I don't think I will use them, my dd (3) loves to play with them though...

I bought the hotp book, and I have used a very few of the papers, but not most. I am not a big fan of patterned paper.
You get a lot of Mickey paper, and also Pooh paper, and then a small amount of other characters, and a few pages at the back with the castle on, and main street. I like the idea book part, and have used some of the paper piecing patterns (mostly the mickey ears).

you can see my disney pages on My Disney Scrapbook (not complete)

The Journey page has a couple of the stickers I bought on it, and the crystal palace uses a Pooh that I cut out of some hotp paper

there's also some pop-outs? that I bought at Michaels, which are on the Cypress Gardens page.

Bev

I bought a few stickers when I went to Disney World last year but they didn’t seem to have much else in the way of supplies.

I also bought the hot off the press book and was very disappointed. It is more for making Disney everyday pages rather then Disney trip pages. I think more then half the paper is dedicated to pooh related characters. I was looking for more of the fabulous 4.

The Creating Keepsakes big idea book of Disney Memories is a must have. I have gotten so many ideas from this book. I haven’t copied an entire page but have picked out lettering, paper piecing and mounting ideas to incorporate into my own ideas.

Sometime the strangest things will spark a completely different idea.

Chessie

I love those postcards (Found them at the emporium on Main Street) that are literally large die cuts of Pooh, Tigger, Minnie and Mickey. Great for using in scrapbook pages (I got that idea from the CK Disney book).

Donna

The best thing I got at WDW for my scrapbooks were the park guidemaps, memoribilia, and post cards! (Oh and the photos!) I bought lots of stickers that I ended up not using. I used the album I bought, but I'm extremely disappointed with the quality. Its falling apart in less than a year. The rings do not hold tightly and I wouldn't recommend putting more than, oh, 20 or so pages in it. I'm going to have to redo it all. <sigh> I do like the outside of my album and the one I got in 1999 and didn't use...so I think I'll get them color copied to be part of the album somwhere. I will absolutly not be buying scrapbooking supplies at WDW again.

I have both the Disney books.....I've barely used the paper one and just like looking at the ideas in the Creating Keepsakes one. I'm not a huge user of patterned paper as I usually end up thinking the page looks too busy....and boy are most of those Disney designs busy! The papers can look nice if used subtly. They really could have found better companies to make sb supplies intended for albums of the parks....Disney really missed the mark here, imo.

If you ask me, Disney needs to talk to scrapbookers! They would sell a lot of paper, stickers and die cuts if they just had an idea of what we want. Seems to me that they seldom have anything in the parks that I want to use in my scrapbooks.

I agree about the CK book. It is wonderful. I use it to get lettering ideas or border ideas. I also have enjoyed the layouts/titles at www.twopeasinabucket.com this month. There were some very good Disney ideas there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter