What time do the crowds descend on Epcot during Food and Wine Fridays?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Going in early October for a short trip (only 3 full park days). Halloween party is on 2 days of trip - Thursday and Friday - not planning on going to party so will be doing MK on one of those days. Plans are to do AK and Epcot on one day. If we do MK on Thursday and AK/Epcot on Friday what time do the crowds descend on Epcot for Friday night at the food and wine festival? I am assuming that the locals come on Friday evenings not so much during the day. So do you do AK in the AM and Epcot in the afternoon to evening, or just the opposite - Epcot in the AM to mid afternoon and then AK. Will have a 6 year old in the group if that matters.

Or should I do AK/Epcot on the first full day of the trip, Thursday and MK on Friday?

When we used to go to WDW in October, we would avoid EPCOT at all costs on Fridays/Saturdays. Not sure when the crowds start to get bad but the few times we arrived around 4 on Fridays…space was already tight!

So my vote is that if you can’t avoid entirely, def start at EPCOT in the morning and move to AK in the afternoon.

I’d do AK/EP day on Thursday.
AK opens earlier so makes sense to go there first, and EP has so much for a child your son’s/daughter’s age to do so I’d opt for a less crowded time and be comfortable staying later.
MK on party days is fun- much less crowds during the day.
Maybe hop to a park on that day as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter