What time to be at Pink's?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
DH really wants to hit Pink's Hot Dogs on our trip to Newport Beach. I looked on Mapquest and it says it's about a 50 minute drive.

What is a good time of day to arrive there so there won't be huge lines? We will have 2 little kids in tow.

TIA!

Good question!! I LOOOVE Pinks!! DH and I stopped there on our last trip together and the wait was over an hour but so worth it!! I have no idea when it is a good time to go but I would think first thing when they open? NEVER near lunch or dinner time.

I think they open like at 9:30 but that doesn't sound too appetizing...so would mid-afternoon be ok or do we literally need to be there at 10 for hotdogs? :rotfl:

I would eat one of their hot dogs at 9:30 in the morning!!! I tried to post pictures earlier, but didn't work for some reason. Sooooo worth it!! Trying to talk DH into stopping twice on December trip, once on the way down to San Diego and once on the way back from DL. Says the lines with the kids wouldn't be good. :-(

The MapQuest 50 minute drive time is accurate only when driving at
2AM. Due to traffic I suggest adding at least 20 minutes to that.
Anytime between 3PM and 9PM add 45 minutes to an hour.

Mid afternoon at Pinks is very, very busy. But the line moves
fast. Figure about 20 minutes in line after the lunch “rush”
which typically ends about 2PM.

I don't think 20 minutes is an accurate representation of waiting in line. Hubby and I waited about an hour on a Sunday sometime between 3 and 5.

Fair enough.

I was there last Sunday (Mar 30) at 4PM and waited about 20 minutes. So
based on my experience that was my opinion. Your experience was different.
I guess that means there is no acurate guessing of wait times.

I drove by today (APL 4) at about 4PM and there was no line at all.

I almost stopped....

What are Pink's operating hours? If they're open late would love to grab a dog after the dodger's game.

Fair enough.

I was there last Sunday (Mar 30) at 4PM and waited about 20 minutes. So
based on my experience that was my opinion. Your experience was different.
I guess that means there is no acurate guessing of wait times.

I drove by today (APL 4) at about 4PM and there was no line at all.

I almost stopped....

True that!! Didn't realize that 2 Sundays would be sooo different, that's crazy!!! I woulda stopped!!! LOL

I saw a piece about Pink's on the Food Network and know my hubby would LOVE to go there...he's a hotdog nut!
We're staying El Segundo. Traffic-wise, would that be a nightmare to get to? Or could we persuade our tour guide (on our grand tour of LA to let us "drop by"?? LOL)

We arrived at Pinks around 10:30-11:00AM and waited only 10 minutes during a weekday. It was strange to eat a hotdog for brunch, but it was delicious and worth the drive. We are hooked!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter