What time to leave Aulani for airport?

Yes, it should. The line just to have your passport and boarding pass checked without pre-check was say anywhere from 50-100 people consistently. Pre check was never more than 5.

Thank you. That's very reassuring.

I read somewhere that if you're flying Hawaiian on an upgraded seat that you get complementary TSA Pre-check (I guess you can use those lines would be more accurate, as I'm sure you still have to go through a full screening). Can anyone confirm that?

It is my understanding that Pre-check is not based on class of ticket purchased but based on being a "low risk" traveler from a security standpoint. There may be a separate (and possibly shorter) regular TSA screening line if you are on a premium class ticket, but that is a separate line from the Pre-check line in every airport I've been in lately. I have Global Entry, so I get Pre check domestically but that is based on being "known" low risk. It does not change based on my ticket type.

I just double checked the wording on the HA website and it says priority security line. That makes more sense, as twodogs pointed out.

We flew first class from Maui to Honolulu two weeks ago on Hawaiian Airlines and we had complimentary TSA pre-check. We didn't even realize but when we were making our way to the regular line, the person at the Pre-check spotted it on our boarding passes and guided us through. It was printed right on the boarding pass. There was no line at all. That was on Saturday, May 7, and our flight was at 1:45 pm. We are Canadian and our airfare is so expensive that we never fly first class. Since it was a short flight between islands (and it was so cheap), we went for first class. No luggage fee and fast tracking was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter