• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What tips have you taken/used from the podcast team?

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
I have bought a A - Z index book, its only pocket size. So for instance, when Julie and Cory talked about couple things to do at the camp ground, I jotted down the ideas in it, last time we went I had a little note book but didnt do things in any particular order, so this is ideal.

I am also a new listener, so have the joys of working my way through the archives. After the team reviewed 'The Complete Walt Disney World', I ordered it, just received it this week looking forward to reading it.

Great idea...and a lot easier to bring to the parks than a heavy guidebook!

free cup of ice water at counter service locations... on a hot summer day, that water is very very tastey even if it is from Orlando City water.

free cup of ice water at counter service locations... on a hot summer day, that water is very very tastey even if it is from Orlando City water.
Yes! Yes! It never would have crossed my mind.

I also never knew how many great (sounding) shops were inside England at EPCOT! Thanks Julie!

I know Kevin's reviews are his opinions, but on our most recent trip (just got home Tuesday night) we made dining reservations based on Kevin's reviews. It turned out fabulous - every meal was a hit! Thanks Kevin! :thumbsup2

We ordered Chinese take-out from Citrus Gardens based on Bob's recommendation during our trip in August. The restaurant itself is nothing special but the food was excellent.

I know Kevin's reviews are his opinions, but on our most recent trip (just got home Tuesday night) we made dining reservations based on Kevin's reviews. It turned out fabulous - every meal was a hit! Thanks Kevin! :thumbsup2

Ok...that makes me feel good!

Thank you.

Kevin

From Julie and Corey Horri: Scheduled a Segway tour to surprise my girlfriend on our upcoming trip.

From John and Kevin: Order appetizers, WAIT, then order entrees. And if your little Crab Cake is sad and all alone, do NOT pay for it!!

From Pete: I continue to learn that a group of friends is invaluable, and appreciate the little look-in he provides us all each week. I go and vote for them often, since he doesn't beg for votes as other podcasters have.

From Bawb: If I buy Dole Whips for my friends, I must make sure to take them the empty containers so they know I was thinking of them. Or something like that... :rotfl2:

:disrocks:

Oh, and from Anthony? LOVE Disney and BE YOURSELF!! Be confident and happy in WHO YOU ARE!!

Hi Anthony!!

Thanks to Kevin's reviews, we are booked for Narcoose's in December, it's a restaurant I always assumed would be 'stuffy' but Kevin's review gave me a new perspective and now we're looking forward to dining there.

Also, I now request a table for 3, instead of for 2 when making ADR's and it's amazing how much easier it is to get that ADR.

Many other things, but those are the two that came to mind first.

Oh, yes and we have added Ft. Wilderness as a place to go for a couple evening. A bottle of wine on the beach, watching fireworks, sounds like a great time. Thanks Julie and Corey.

Good or bad advice, I'm not sure, but I switched our meal from Ohana to Kona Cafe. They made me realize that when you are focusing on wanting a good meal, not just good entertainment, it's probably not the best choice. I've been to both and liked both, but experience Ohana with children. I think without children it won't be as nice.

I also think some of the best tips are the ones that are free...like the movie with chip 'n' dale...will be doing that next time...

Today's podcast reminded me of another tip I got from the podcast -- on our most recent trip to WDW, we did photopass with other Dissers and split the cost - what could have cost $125 ended up costing around $15. Awesome!!! :thumbsup2

They were saying how good Publix' fried chicken was, when they were doing a review of the 50's Prime Time Diner.

We went to Publix and had a bunch of deli food from there, took it back to our resort. VERY VERY VERY GOOD! Amazing potato salad, for one thing. And yes, the fried chicken was great. HUGE deli. Wonderful salad bar. Fresh subs. Truly gourmet cheeses. I could go on.

I'm sure our rental car will wend its way up Fouquette Rd. to the Windermere Publix many days on future vacations.

We ordered Chinese take-out from Citrus Gardens based on Bob's recommendation during our trip in August. The restaurant itself is nothing special but the food was excellent.

That was my email he answered! And yes, he called me "Amander."

I never did get to go to Citrus Gardens that trip I was planning for then... now I'm determined to go next time!!!

I know one tip we're going to use on our trip this December... I'm not sure which show it was on because I've been catching up after not listening for a while and have listened to a dozen or more shows over the last two weeks, but John was giving tips on using the Dining Plan, and mentioned that you can use "snack" credits for any food item under $4 at your resort's sundries shop. My wife and I were floored when we learned this! Hello easy/cheap breakfast!

I learned to kiss up :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter