What to book at 75 days?

travis-812210

Earning My Ears
We are taking our very first cruise on the Fantasy on March 16th as a family of four. I understand that 75 days before this (January 1st!) we can start booking things on the ship and excursions, which sounds like we will be the last to pick anything.

What should we expect to no longer be available at 75 days and what do we need to try to book immediately at 75 days before they get booked up by the rest of the first-time guests?

Since other people are already booking things for this cruise, is there any way to see in advance what the actual list of things to book will be for our particular cruise?

YMMV, but likely the brunches will be sold out, the Remy Dessert will likely sell out (kind of depends on how many sea days you have and the kinds of people you have on your cruise aka if that kind of thing interests them), most adult beverage tastings will be sold out (but you can hang on to hope for these maybe except mixology & chocolate & liquor) - they tend to stay sold out because people who want them lock in on them (again, YMMV), I’m not sure what your itinerary is but some port adventures will be sold out (I know a lot of the 4x4 or jeep adventures & cooking/cultural PA’s sell out quickly - however, these can sometimes be booked if you are vigilant about checking and IMO better chances if you have a small group, YMMV 🤷🏼‍♀️), also depending on your itinerary beach excursion PA’s tend to go fairly quickly (again YMMV, but again if you are vigilant these can be possible), depending on the cruise Palo or Remy dinner sometimes sell out on the first night, I have found in my experience that Remy sells out on formal night (although YMMV), also depending on your cruise Palo may sell out on Pirate Night (although YMMV), Princess Meet (or whatever they call it - we are too old for that so unsure of the precise name) and the Royal Tea (again, or whatever they call it) can sell out quickly depending on your cruise, BBB also tends to sell out (not sure on the exact days, but I feel like it is around formal night for girls and Pirate night for boys, & possibly formal night for boys, again, not completely sure, YMMV), & I also believe the Spa Rainforest Room for the entirety of your stay (which from my understanding is the way they market/offer it prior to the cruise) tends to sell out quickly although I have no idea about this other than hearing/reading things about it on multiple platforms.

But keep in mind, YMMV. I know some people will crucify me saying certain things so YMMV is my way of covering my booty and avoiding such harassment. :) I mean it still stands, but I’m just over the bullying of certain know-it-all DISboard users when saying things that I believe are genuine and I believe are coming with good intentions.

I’m sure I will be criticized for this, but I wish you the best and hope it is helpful.

Oh no ….I’m on the Fantasy on March 2, and I really want to do the Remy dessert experience ….and Palo dinner

Also, what does YMMV stand for?

Last edited:
Oh no ….I’m on the Fantasy on March 2, and I really want to do the Remy dessert experience ….and Palo dinner

Your mileage may vary, as in you might have a different outcome or experience

@motherdaughtercruisers has shared some great information. I’ll add the following comments from my recent cruises -

What you see on the DCL website as possible port adventures may not necessarily be all that are offered for your sailing. And you won’t be able to see what is offered for your sailing until your book8ng window opens, it seems post-Covid that the DCL website list of port adventures has more than is actually available for Disney is able to offer. So be prepared with a second or third choice.

Even though some things will be sold out at your 75-day window, keep checking back as people do change their plans and have up until three days prior to sailing to do so. I’ve often been able to book “sold out” things that later opened up by checking back every couple of days. The DCL Navigator app makes it really easy to do this; if you don’t have the app, get it now as it will make things much easier while on the ship to see what is happening where and when.

If there is something you really want to do, for example swim with dolphins, and it is fully booked, you can always research third party optics or private tours to do on your own in port. I’ll caution to research them carefully as Disney will not wait for you if they don’t get you back to the ship in time for port departure.

The Royal Gathering (aka Princess meet & greet) has had a booking opening date at 30 days out, so everyone has an equal chance at getting a spot. The DCL app will show the booking opening date under Onboard Fun. This is where there will be three or four princesses in the atrium and you get a specific timeslot to meet them. Most other characters it is first come first served with various times and locations throughout the cruise. There may also be individual princess meets for those who don’t want or can’t get a Royal Gathering appointment.

If you can’t get the Palo or Remy Booking you hope for, check once you are onboard. There will be a specific location for dining changes, it will be found in the app, where you can check for availability or to be put on a wait list. I’ve heard they may hold a few spots for onboard booking since especially the brunches can book out very quickly before sailing.

One other point - your booking window will open at midnight eastern time, so midnight ET on January 1st. This is different from the 0800ET for a lot of WDW din8ng and tours, adjust for your time zone, ie for those on the west coast it would be 09:00pm on December 31 the day before. So if you’re not ringing in the new year, you can be checking for your port adventure availability :earsboy:

Have fun!

Last edited:

Palo dinner should be no problem--there should be plenty of availability even for first timers, it's just the brunch that sells out quickly. Remy dessert... probably not, but you never know. Keep checking on the app and maybe something will open up.

OP, expect the Royal Tea to be booked up, that's the $$$ princess event. Royal Gathering is the free meet and greet everyone tries to book at 30 days.

@Betsyp I am on a similar cruise to yours earlier in the year, and although Remy Dessert isn’t showing sold out, there are no 2 top tables left, so I would not be able to book it, but there is likely a 4 top open and obviously you would need to book it with 3 or 4 people. Although YMMV.

I tell you this because we are Gold CC. However, I was able to snag it for our last cruise in Nov as a Silver CC. So not impossible, but I was literally on that app checking twice every hour… however, YMMV.

The best advice is that if there is something you really want and it is reasonable to get as a lower CC (IMHO brunch may just be out of reach, that was my experience until I reached Gold CC, but YMMV - this is what someone wanted to crucify me for when I was just trying to help on another thread 🙄🙄🙄) just keep checking the app. Again, I’m going to say YMMV because I don’t want someone coming after me like they have previously.

ETA: I will also share that Remy Dessert is usually on Sea Days, but on my sailing, it is only available the first two Sea Days and not the last.

ETA2: I just thought about it, the reason Remy Dessert maybe not be offered on the third Sea Day for my sailing is Pixar Day, so if you are not on a specialty sailing like Pixar or Marvel, I would think Remy Dessert would be offered. Although, I do not know that for sure and YMMV.

Last edited:

Go to the dining waitlist area, usually Enchanted Garden on Fantasy, the minute you get on the ship and get added to the Remy dessert waitlist. As others said, Palo dinner should be available. You can also try for things at the port on the app. We have gotten beverage tastings that way.

@motherdaughtercruisers has shared some great information. I’ll add the following comments from my recent cruises -

What you see on the DCL website as possible port adventures may not necessarily be all that are offered for your sailing. And you won’t be able to see what is offered for your sailing until your book8ng window opens, it seems post-Covid that the DCL website list of port adventures has more than is actually available for Disney is able to offer. So be prepared with a second or third choice.

Even though some things will be sold out at your 75-day window, keep checking back as people do change their plans and have up until three days prior to sailing to do so. I’ve often been able to book “sold out” things that later opened up by checking back every couple of days. The DCL Navigator app makes it really easy to do this; if you don’t have the app, get it now as it will make things much easier while on the ship to see what is happening where and when.

If there is something you really want to do, for example swim with dolphins, and it is fully booked, you can always research third party optics or private tours to do on your own in port. I’ll caution to research them carefully as Disney will not wait for you if they don’t get you back to the ship in time for port departure.

The Royal Gathering (aka Princess meet & greet) has had a booking opening date at 30 days out, so everyone has an equal chance at getting a spot. The DCL app will show the booking opening date under Onboard Fun. This is where there will be three or four princesses in the atrium and you get a specific timeslot to meet them. Most other characters it is first come first served with various times and locations throughout the cruise. There may also be individual princess meets for those who don’t want or can’t get a Royal Gathering appointment.

If you can’t get the Palo or Remy Booking you hope for, check once you are onboard. There will be a specific location for dining changes, it will be found in the app, where you can check for availability or to be put on a wait list. I’ve heard they may hold a few spots for onboard booking since especially the brunches can book out very quickly before sailing.

One other point - your booking window will open at midnight eastern time, so midnight ET on January 1st. This is different from the 0800ET for a lot of WDW din8ng and tours, adjust for your time zone, ie for those on the west coast it would be 09:00pm on December 31 the day before. So if you’re not ringing in the new year, you can be checking for your port adventure availability :earsboy:

Have fun!
Thank you so much, Mathmagic ! I’m not OP, but the tips about Remy and Palo help a lot! I downloaded the Navigator app weeks ago, so I’m all set - now I just do a lot of hoping, and...having backup plans in case the date I want is unavailable.

Thank you so much, Mathmagic ! I’m not OP, but the tips about Remy and Palo help a lot! I downloaded the Navigator app weeks ago, so I’m all set - now I just do a lot of hoping, and...having backup plans in case the date I want is unavailable.
You could try for Remy brunch. It's really good and usually has a lot of availability.

Palo dinner should be no problem--there should be plenty of availability even for first timers, it's just the brunch that sells out quickly. Remy dessert... probably not, but you never know. Keep checking on the app and maybe something will open up.

OP, expect the Royal Tea to be booked up, that's the $$$ princess event. Royal Gathering is the free meet and greet everyone tries to book at 30 days.
That’s good news about Palo..and Remy? Fortunately I’m obsessive, so I will check and recheck whenever I can. I’m going to try and think positive! Thank You!

@Betsyp I am on a similar cruise to yours earlier in the year, and although Remy Dessert isn’t showing sold out, there are no 2 top tables left, so I would not be able to book it, but there is likely a 4 top open and obviously you would need to book it with 3 or 4 people. Although YMMV.

I tell you this because we are Gold CC. However, I was able to snag it for our last cruise in Nov as a Silver CC. So not impossible, but I was literally on that app checking twice every hour… however, YMMV.

The best advice is that if there is something you really want and it is reasonable to get as a lower CC (IMHO brunch may just be out of reach, that was my experience until I reached Gold CC, but YMMV - this is what someone wanted to crucify me for when I was just trying to help on another thread 🙄🙄🙄) just keep checking the app. Again, I’m going to say YMMV because I don’t want someone coming after me like they have previously.

ETA: I will also share that Remy Dessert is usually on Sea Days, but on my sailing, it is only available the first two Sea Days and not the last.

ETA2: I just thought about it, the reason Remy Dessert maybe not be offered on the third Sea Day for my sailing is Pixar Day, so if you are not on a specialty sailing like Pixar or Marvel, I would think Remy Dessert would be offered. Although, I do not know that for sure and YMMV.

oh, you mean I can’t book a Remy desert like I do a restaurant at Disney when I don’t see tables for 1/2 available? What I do then is book for 3 or more, then change to 1...This is the priority for me, so I will check and double check as often as I can !

I am actually on a Pixar day cruise...

Thanks !

Go to the dining waitlist area, usually Enchanted Garden on Fantasy, the minute you get on the ship and get added to the Remy dessert waitlist. As others said, Palo dinner should be available. You can also try for things at the port on the app. We have gotten beverage tastings that way.
Thank you! If it turns out I can’t get it before the departure date, that’s the first thing I’m going to do! My obsessive personality will come in handy here, because I will be checking as often as I can...I will MAKE time just to check, lol

oh, you mean I can’t book a Remy desert like I do a restaurant at Disney when I don’t see tables for 1/2 available? What I do then is book for 3 or more, then change to 1...This is the priority for me, so I will check and double check as often as I can !

I am actually on a Pixar day cruise...

Thanks !
They only allow you to book the # of 18+ people in your stateroom. You can try to book stuff on the ship, especially if there is space for a larger party, they can override it to let fewer people in

They only allow you to book the # of 18+ people in your stateroom. You can try to book stuff on the ship, especially if there is space for a larger party, they can override it to let fewer people in
Thank you!

Princess Meet (or whatever they call it - we are too old for that so unsure of the precise name)

There is no ceiling age limit on the Royal Gathering (where 4 princesses gather and do meets at the same time). I booked it before for my parents and myself - they were in their upper 70s and I was 48 at the time. No one said we couldn't or looked at us funny.

There is no ceiling age limit on the Royal Gathering (where 4 princesses gather and do meets at the same time). I booked it before for my parents and myself - they were in their upper 70s and I was 48 at the time. No one said we couldn't or looked at us funny.
I think I made it pretty clear I knew nothing about it… so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make… 🤷🏼‍♀️ kind of proves my point in that same post about why I post “YMMV” after everything… so thanks for being “that” person! 😄

ETA: 👏🏻👍🏻

I think I made it pretty clear I knew nothing about it… so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make… 🤷🏼‍♀️ kind of proves my point in that same post about why I post “YMMV” after everything… so thanks for being “that” person! 😄

ETA: 👏🏻👍🏻

You implied that there is an age limit on that with "we are too old for that".

I was just letting the OP and anyone else who didn't know that the Royal Gathering does not have an age limit on it. So you're only "too old" if you decide you are. Disney won't say that - at least for Royal Gathering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter