What to do after the parks close

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
Sorry to repeat myself, but I combined this question with another on the HHN thread and it kinda got lost at the bottom of my post. It sounds like HHN will be a little more than we can handle. (DS (10) and I). So what's there to do after the parks close? It looks like USF closes at 5:30 and IOA closes at 7:00. That's not even dinner time! As I mentioned before, we're not into the club hopping scene, besides we take our DS with us everywhere. It doesn't look like we can be entertained at City Walk for the entire evening. We can go to a movie at home. What else is there to do there besides shop? Does anyone have any idea for non-club hoppers after the parks close? We could go to Epcot (we have SP), but with only 3 nights at HRH I really don't want to leave the area, if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
:)

Hi Tarheel!
Ya'll can easily spend 1-2 hours just meandering around Citywalk. Your kids will no doubt enjoy the water play area, so you might wanna have a towel on hand (just a few jets squirting out of the ground).
Your 10 y.o. can shoot a free throw over by NBA City & ride the racecar simulator at Nascar Cafe.
Take a family time-out and sit in those chairs in front of Margaritaville for awhile. Great place for a drink and to rest / people watch. We always take pics here it seems.
You really should visit Portofino at least once too. Catch the water taxi from Citywalk over just after dark so you can see PBH all lit up. It's beautiful!
Hope you get more ideas here.
Jim

Sure would be nice if they had comedy clubs and the like....this is where they fall short of WDW...theres plenty to do over there after the parks close.

City Walk need something for kids, like Disney Quest, especially with the short park hours, well, even if the park hours were longer there should be more entermainment for kids. I dont understand why this is....hmm....guess ill write another letter :)
Mae

h20jag, Thanks for the suggestions! We've stayed at PBH before. I agree it is beautiful. We loved it! The only reason we're staying at HRH this year is for Club Level.

maepartner, A family friendly comedy club would be a GREAT idea! I've been hoping for WDW to someday open up the Comedy Wearhouse as a seperate admission option. PI is just too wild for kids, IMO. Wishful thinking!! huh! If City Walk had one the problem would be solved! :D

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Thanks!

A family friendly comedy club is Sak Comedy Lab. They try to be PG-13 or better. I haven't seen much of anything there that would be offensive to 99% of families. Check them out at www.sak.com. You should be able to get a taxi there. Several hang around the lobby drive-in area like hawks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter