What to do in San Diego??

KimAshton

DIS Veteran
I know there is sea world and the zoo but what else can you recommend. I know I am going to take a drive up to Manhattan Beach and probably LA. My friend and I will be there a week.

Thanks.

There's lots of museums in Balboa Park. Shopping all over the place. The beaches. Wild Animal Park. Gaslamp Quarter. Whatever you're interested in, you'll probably find in San Diego.

There is plenty to do. We were there a couple of weeks ago with our three kids. We went to the zoo, SeaWorld, toured the USS Midway (a Navy aircraft carrier), took a harbour excursion, visited LaJolla Beach for a few hours. Things that we wanted to do but did not have enough time - take a trolley tour of the city, spend some time exploring LaJolla, Coronado, seeing more of the beaches, take in a Padres game - I could go on.

Enjoy your trip - I wish I was going back! :)

a must do is go to mexico. it's like a really big flea market [edited] on prices they have everything. also if you like spices try the street taco's there great blow's taco bell away by a million miles. the trolley will take you right to the border so you do not have to drive but you will have to walk.

Don't we need a passport?? I am going in March 2008.

As of Jan.1, 2008 passports will be required for all land-based border crossings of Mexico and Canada. That means, I assume, if you want to go to Tijuana, you need a passport.

That is what I thought. I have been to Tijuana before so if we miss it I am not that sad. :)

USS Midway Museum
Right downtown on the bay you can spend about a half a day exploring this aircraft carrier. Up top on the flight deck you get great views of the city and San Diego Bay.

I agree, Coronado is a splendid retreat. If you go, be sure to check out the Hotel del Coronado, it's gorgeous!

I went to a conference in San Diego last year. I LOVED IT!!
My DH did not want to go, so I took my cousin instead. The hotel we stayed at was in the Gaslamp Quarter. We spent alot there.

We did a whale watching tour, went to Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Coronado. I wish we had more time to do more sight seeing.

Coronado is beautiful! We took the ferry over and walked to the small shops. We then talked to somebody who said that Hotel Del Coronado was a few blocks away so we decided to walk (it was a long walk). We stopped in some of the shops closer to the hotel and then walked around the hotel and went in the gift shops and got some ice cream. By time we got there it was almost dark, I wish we would have gotten there a little earlier, it looked so beautiful at sunset. We took a cab back to the ferry versus walking back ;)

Last year we did Seaworld one day and the zoo the next. The zoo didn't really take a full day though. Kids enjoyed it!:thumbsup2

Do the trolley tours. A great way to see the highlights of the City. You can get on and off at the difrrent stops and spend time looking around. We really enjoyed that. Old Town was so much fun. Great place to have supper and Margarittas.

We're going in about 3 weeks and am interested in booking a whale watching and trolley tour. Does anyone know the names or websites to book a reputable and reasonably priced tour or two? Thanks!

We are coming this may for 2 nights and I wondered if it were better to stay downtown or at a beach?

I am staying on Shelter Island which is on the bay and I found out it is a 15 minute ride to downtown San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter