What to do?

Goofeeyore

Earning My Ears
Hi, I will be going in January and I was concerned about what to do when the parks close, since they close earlier during this period. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Epcot is open every night till 9 that time of year - Illuminations never gets old!

The Boardwalk also gets underway at night - JellyRolls and the Atlantic Dance Club are available for the people over 21 in your group. They also have great street entertainment, etc.

Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney are also open late.

You could also schedule a late dinner at any of the resorts for after the parks close - there's always something to do in Disney!

You know, I've never been to The Boardwalk....what's it like? Is that where the Dueling Piano's are?

steven

There are a few dance/music clubs on Boardwalk. We have never gone in them.
One time last January we went to the boadwalk. It was cold, at night, and NOTHING was going on. It was desolute. No outside vendors or anything. We just ended up walking and browsing in each store.

Depending on time tables and travel, you may want to check out Bob at POR in their piano bar. I can see why he is so popular! He is great! :)

We have gone to DTD, Dusney Quest (LOS pass), or just explored. We have even used that downtime to do laundry! And that may take awhile in itself. ;)
Downtime is good too. :)

There are pin meets too. One is held Thursday night at the ASSp food court.
Friday evening is at the Contemporary. Saturday evening at the Poly.
The Cont pin meet is Disney run and has a special section for kid's only. :)

Odd.....
I replied and it shows I posted, but my reply isn't showing. :confused:
Well this ones shows, so here was my reply:

There are a few dance/music clubs on Boardwalk. We have never gone in them.
One time last January we went to the boadwalk. It was cold, at night, and NOTHING was going on. It was desolute. No outside vendors or anything. We just ended up walking and browsing in each store.

Depending on time tables and travel, you may want to check out Bob at POR in their piano bar. I can see why he is so popular! He is great! :)

We have gone to DTD, Disney Quest (LOS pass), or just explored. We have even used that downtime to do laundry! And that may take awhile in itself. ;)
Downtime is good too. :)

There are pin meets too. One is held Thursday night at the ASSp food court.
Friday evening is at the Contemporary. Saturday evening at the Poly.
The Cont pin meet is Disney run and has a special section for kid's only. :)

Check out some earlier threads on Disney Quest...I believe it is open nitely until 11pm....

Sometimes there is entertainment at your resort. You could go to HDDR or CDS. Last jan there was one e night. Maybe you will get lucky and get one during your stay!

The dueling pianos at Jellyroll's are great & a must-see. Disney Quest is a lot of fun. Pleasure Island & all of Downtown Disney. Off site...Pointe Orlando, Wonderworks, shops on I-Drive & downtwon Orlando/Church Street...just a few highlights off the top of my head. Hope that helps a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter