What type of hand wipes to use for peanut allergy?

2littleprincesses28

Mouseketeer
I need some help..our DD 2 has severe peanut allergy and we were told by our allergist to wipe things down in public before she would touch them and to also wipe/wash her hands. My question is...she has sensitive skin and we use sensitive/alcohol free diaper wipes for her diaper changes...but what are we supposed to use for her hands to clean off peanut/nut residue when soap/water isn't avail? I am somewhat afraid that if we use alcohol wipes it'd be to harsh for her skin... any suggestions?

When my youngest DD (sensitive skin) was wearing diapers, and reacted badly to all of the wipe products out there, I ended up buying wipes, then running them under the faucet to rinse away most of the cleaning product. When we traveled, I rinsed out a day's supply, and put them in ziploc bags.

If you know of a mild soap that she doesn't react to, add some of that to some water, and then after the wipes are rinsed soak them in the soap solution. To wipe off peanut residue you need to have a product that binds to fat (like soap) so I'm not sure if a plain old rinsed off wipe will be good enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter