What will I receive from Disney after booking my package? So far nothing, and worried

diavolobella

Diavolobella
I've got a question about my vacation package, but I don't see a specific forum to ask it on, so I'm trying here out of desperation.

I booked and paid for my WDW vacation through the Walt Disney World site, but I haven't received anything in the mail, except for a small blue folder with a letter thanking me for coming back (I was there last May) and maps in it. I booked my last trip through Expedia, and printed out vouchers for my tickets, etc. This is the first time I've booked through Disney Travel.

Shouldn't I be getting something like vouchers to take to the airport for my flight reservation, as well as luggage tags for MME, etc? I'm just getting worried, and Disney Travel isn't really answering my question. They said my airline tickets are e-tickets and to just show up at the airline counter with photo ID, but surely they are going to send me something to show to the airline people. I don't see the airline people just taking my word for it. I also still need luggage tags for the Magical Express, don't I?

I'm just worried. My vacation is in May, so maybe I've just not gotten the info yet. I'd really like to know what I should be receiving, so I don't end up without something crucial when I'm ready to depart.
Thanks for your help.

how long has it been

how long before the trip are you booking

if it is more than 45 days out, all you will get in about 2 or three weeks after you book is the confirmation. about two or three weeks prior to departure is when stuff starts showing up.

Disney has booked a few vacations before, I am sure they are not over looking you.

I booked and paid for the trip in January. As I previously stated, the trip is in May. Hopefully I will receive something in the two to three weeks prior, as you mentioned.

And yes, I am aware that Disney has booked vacations before. I simply wanted to know what I should be expecting to receive in the mail and when, and what is concerning me so much is that no one at Disney Travel could seem to answer that question. They made it sound as if I shouldn't be expecting to receive anything. I just want to be sure nothing goes wrong with my reservation because I scrimped and saved for this trip, which is a gift to my fiance.

hi - we are going May 3-11th and we just rec'd our stuff for ME yesterday in the mail - depending on when you are going in May - you should be receiving
it very shortly. hope that helps!! - have a great vacation!!

We're going to WDW on May 16 and we haven't gotten our stuff yet. They won't send it until we get to the 45 day mark. You'll get a folder with a list of all the things in your package (hotel, tickets, etc.), a voucher for the hotel, a voucher for Planet Hollywood, voucher for golf, souvenier luggage tags (not the ME ones) and maybe some other free stuff. Your park tickets will be on your room key, so you get those when you check in. Your ME luggage tags come in a separate mailing. BTW, I always book airline e-tickets and I never have a voucher. I just show them my driver's license when I check in.

i am going may 5-17 ...i also just got my ME package in the mail yesterday. Also, I was kind of freaked out as well that I don't have any tickets to give to the airport... If I were you I would call the AIRPORT that you will be departing from... I booked thru priceline and when I called them they told me the same thing about "e-ticket blah blah..." and i asked them if i needed anything and they said no... just ID... Well, I thought surely they want to see something else... so I called PIA where I am flying out from and they told me to print out my confirmation thru priceline... hope that helps...

The prior posts are correct, you'll usually get that magical envelope with your itinerary and vouchers for mini golf and whatnot, about three weeks before you leave. It has to do with them not printing and mailing it until your cancellation deadlines have passed. I guess they probably had problems in the past, before the whole online thing got so streamlined, with people who received their packets and then cancelled. What a mess that would be..

As for your e-ticket airline tickets, you should have a confirmation number for the airline? Usually six or eight letters and/or numbers? This is what you need to get your e-tickets at the airport. You can, and sometimes are required to, print them off of the computer kiosks at the airport, using your confirmation number or last name, and usually the credit card used to book them (for electronic ID). The security personnel and the gate agents will check your ID against your ticket as you head for the flight. Many airlines will take care of you at the counter, take your bags, check ID, answer questions, etc - but some will not when you are flying with an e-ticket. Counter agents can pull up your reservation in the computer without a confirmation number; they just use your ID/name to find it.

Hope you guys have a great trip!

Thank you all for your helpful answers and reassurances. I feel completely at ease now! This is my fiancee's first trip to Disney World (at age 34!), so I want it to be trouble-free and special.

Again, thank you all!

I ordered our trip (we are going 4/28-5/7) on Friday and I got my ME stuff yesterday and I got reservation invoice today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter