• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will we be able to do 2003 + lots more

ester

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, thank you for your reassuring replies. I must confess money is still at the forefront of my mind, and I'm going to check out possible cheaper (but more scary options, of booking separately) Supposing for the moment we do manage to stay at the all stars that gives us unlimited entry to the big four, (sorry really have not got to grip yet with all the abreviations), remembering we will have an 8yr old and a 6yr old where else do people think would be feasible to visit. I must confess I went disney 12 years ago and had very fond memories of sea world, so i would realy like to visit again. I'm really thinking of what I can prepurchase before I go, to budget.
Also if I was to go in sept/oct do the parks alter there opening times, is it less crowded but shorter hours. Do they still have fireworks at this time of year.
Also just out of interest why have disney stopped the early entry to parks, is it financial, or due to security worries. It seems to me this would be a real boon.
Sorry one more question, What are "love bugs" and will we meet them in Sept/oct. thanks for your patience ester

Hi ester ~~Welcome to the UKDis!~~

You may want to give some consideration into buying Orlando 4 Park Flexitickets? These give you unlimited entry for 14 days (from the first day you use them) into Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet N Wild.

I find these really good value for money - you can visit any park as many times as you like, during the 14 days - and if you visit more than one park during one day - you only pay for your parking ticket once. Keep the ticket in the windscreen and you are waved through.

Wet & Wild isnt everyone's favourite, but with little ones and if the weather is hot, you might find it a nice alternative as an afternoon break whilst visiting the Universal Parks - it is very nearby.

I think (although I have no personal experience) that during Sept/Oct - the hours do get shortened, this is due to less crowds, so it follows that you would probably still be able to see everything you wanted as you could get round much easier. There are still Parades and Firework shows etc - it just might mean that you have to be prepared to juggle your schedule a bit to fit them in.

If you look at Kaylee's link for historic hours - you'll get an idea of what to expect - was it this year your going? If you are planning on going sometime around 11th September, you may find it extraordinarily quiet due to the anniversary of last year. Of course, this is just my opinion, as I said, I haven't actually been at this time myself.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you are in for a fantastic time :) :)

Hi Ester,

I just wanted to say, that I know it seems scary going the DIY route, but honestly, with the amount of time you have to plan, and with the knowledge you'll pick up from these board it will be fine :D

My first trip to Orlando was package, but I didn't know about these boards then. My second trip was DIY because it was so simple...and I <i>still</i> didn't know about the boards for that trip!

DIY isn't always cheaper, especially if you aren't flying from Gatwick, but if it does work out better...book with confidence and worry not :D

You are right, park hours in Sept/Oct are less than in the summer, but also crowds are less too so it's swings and roundabouts really. They will have Fantasmic and Illuminations fireworks every night still though, and Fantasy in the Sky at MK is usually on atleast twice a week, with Spectro, the night time parade normally atleast once a week. It'll take a bit more planning, but hopefully you should still see everything :D

EE was stopped for financial reasons - a cost cutting excercise.

And Love bugs...well they are basically bugs that you see flying around, erm, coupled up. You shouldn't see them at that time of year as I think they are more a Springtime thing (well the only time I've seen them was when I was there in early May), but it doesn't matter anyhow...to my knowledge, they don't bite. It's the mossies and the no-see-um's (midges) you need to watch for, so you'll need repellent for dusk time and after otherwise they will have a little feast on you.

Penny :D

It is worth noting that the hours given by following Kaylee's link may be incorrect - the parade and fireworks details are certainly wrong for August 2002 compared with the Disney website.

If you are considering doing a DIY trip and you plan to visit other parks such as SeaWorld and Universal as well as the Disney parks, then I would seriously consider splitting your time between on-site and off-site hotels. This combination isn't always possible with package holidays, but it might be worth asking if you'd rather have a tour operator organise it for you.

Staying on-site is great for doing the Disney parks, but you will pay more for the accommodation. If you know you want to see other parks you may feel that you can do that just as well (if not better) from an off-site hotel, and save a bit of cash into the bargain.

Good luck, and have fun with the planning!

Hi Ester, you really, really really should buy Simon V's book - A Brits Guide. It's a bible really, and I'm sure you will easily be able to plan where you do want to go, and where it will be worth leaving till another time, when children are older etc. Also check our this website for next summer info: http://www.wdwig.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter