What would you do? Forgotten bring our scooter seats!

LILJAN59

Mouseketeer
We drove1 hr and 15 minutes to the Poly yesterday with our scooters in our Flex!
We got there at4 to check in and scooter seats were not there! We valet parked and I called Scooter Bug no availability and also Buena Vista Scooters but they wanted 110 $ for each scooter and we only needed one day!
So I walked up to guest check in area and asked to speak with a concierge. She said what is this about and I said we forgot to bring the seats for our scooters and shevreplied
WE DONT DO ANYTHING WITH SCOOERS!
I said ok thank you and walked away quietly as I don’t like to make a scene!
We went not Trader Sam’s and each had two good stuff drinks for 95s
We went to our DVC room and ate our sub sandwiches and got up at 6 am for a breakfast at Kona Cafe with a 22% tip!
I know concierges can fix stuff but I felt I was just SHUT OUT! Anyone understand how I feel! I had a lady friend who forgot her ticket and drivers license and the concierge gave her a new ticket and asked if she’d ever taken a pic of her drivers license and she had several years befor so after about 10 minutes she found the photo and the concierge printed it for her and off we went!
When they go in the back room they are looking at your profile and know about everything you ever did with Disney and I’ve always had a great resolution to my problem! One time I was offered free dining for 2 adults and 2 kids but declined rd the offer since I had already paid for the dining plan! Thankfully I’ve rarely had a problem!!!!
But you have to get to talk to them to get anything done! Smile!

Oh, wow! So sorry that happened. Maybe you could share 1 scooter from Buena Vista? Or would a cane-seat or rollator help? Was this just a 1-night visit or do you have more days and stuck at the resort?

I’m not sure what concierge could have done, though. Needing a seat (2) that fits your own scooter isn’t really the same as leaving tickets behind (that were sold by essentially the same business), or printing a copy of a picture, or forgetting a toothbrush, or even needing an allergen-free pillow.

Try calling Gold Mobility and see if they might rent you a couple of seats at least. No guarantees they will, but if they can’t do that, they might be able to sell you a couple of extra seats at a decent price, then you will have extras. They have seats that fit most models of scooters, so there is a strong chance you can do something. The airline once damaged DH’s seat (among other things) and they were able to get him one in a couple of hours and this was when it was all but impossible to get them.

I had a lady friend who forgot her ticket and drivers license and the concierge gave her a new ticket and asked if she’d ever taken a pic of her drivers license and she had several years befor so after about 10 minutes she found the photo and the concierge printed it for her and off we went!
If understanding you correctly, as long as she bought tix thru disney and associated with her MDE, assume they would reprint it with proper ID.
We drove1 hr and 15 minutes to the Poly yesterday with our scooters in our Flex!
We got there at4 to check in and scooter seats were not there!
I’d have turned around & driven back 1.15 min to get those scooter seats from home. Understand tho, for some that’s just too much driving in one day.

Worst case, you likely could rent them in the park tomorrow

Bad start to a visit :wizard: it turns around for you.

I’d have turned around & driven back 1.15 min to get those scooter seats from home. Understand tho, for some that’s just too much driving in one day.

This was my first thought as well. I would just turnaround and go home to get them. I guess if the trip was only 1 night I would probably not go back for them and then just rent a scooter for the next day in the parks or skip the parks for this trip.

We got there at4 to check in and scooter seats were not there! We valet parked and I called Scooter Bug no availability and also Buena Vista Scooters but they wanted 110 $ for each scooter and we only needed one day!
So I walked up to guest check in area and asked to speak with a concierge. She said what is this about and I said we forgot to bring the seats for our scooters and shevreplied
I said ok thank you and walked away quietly as I don’t like to make a scene!
We went not Trader Sam’s and each had two good stuff drinks for 95s
We went to our DVC room and ate our sub sandwiches and got up at 6 am for a breakfast at Kona Cafe with a 22% tip!
I know concierges can fix stuff but I felt I was just SHUT OUT! Anyone understand how I feel! I had a lady friend who forgot her ticket and drivers license and the concierge gave her a new ticket and asked if she’d ever taken a pic of her drivers license and she had several years befor so after about 10 minutes she found the photo and the concierge printed it for her and off we went!
When they go in the back room they are looking at your profile and know about everything you ever did with Disney and I’ve always had a great resolution to my problem! One time I was offered free dining for 2 adults and 2 kids but declined rd the offer since I had already paid for the dining plan! Thankfully I’ve rarely had a problem!!!!
But you have to get to talk to them to get anything done! Smile!
What would I do? (it's in the title) I would have driven back home and grabbed the seats because I forgot them. It would be about 3 hours off the trip, though, so if the trip is just one night, I'd just rent in the park or offsite. It's not something Disney can solve - they are not going to give you free ECVs for your stay, nor would they have any extra seats for you to use.

What would I do? Honestly I would have said "excuse me, I came here to see if you could offer any assistance with my predicament, if you couldn't that's fine, but there is no need to yell" (as I interpret your use of caps). And then I would have smiled, and probably headed home to grab the seats like others have suggested they'd have done. And then I would have enjoyed my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter