What would you do if your kids acted like this?!

This has made the rounds on the DIS boards for months...it's hilarious!

I don't think I'll surprise my kids that close to the trip...perhaps a week or so before would have been better!

You kindof expect it from the tween (lol) but the little ones cracked me up!

Now, if it were my kids...honestly (you wanted honesty, right?) I would be a little upset that I planned so much and they reacted completely differently from what I expected. Then I would cry. Then I would get over it and post it on youtube.:rotfl:

With all the crying and pouting I couldn't even hear where they actually wanted to go. I would be a bit upset over their reactions too. Spoiled, my guess.

That is too funny! "Dick's House must be awesome"! I think that is what they are saying. :confused3 They may not be spoiled, the little ones might not have any idea what Disney is all about. When we surprised my 5 year old DS with a trip to Disneyland, he was all upset because he thought we were going to grandma's house. Once we got there and he saw what it was, his tune changed. But Grandma sure got a kick out of being the choice between Disney or her house!!! :rotfl: LOL! All I can say about the older boy is "Whatever!"

I drop them at Dick's (I think that's where they thought they were going) and I'd head to Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

that's hilarious! I feel bad for the mom, though. I wish I could hear what those boys were saying about where they really wanted to go. I'm sure (or hopefully) once they got to Disney they did have some fun!

I've seen this video before...I'd tell the happy childern that "Dick's House " has been relocated to the middle of Bay Lake and drop them off on topical paradise known as Discovery Island for the week.

Well if I were the kid, I would tell the mother she is horrid for making us fake not being enthused about going to Disney World so that she can post a clip on YouTube.

But that's just me.

You have to be kidding? Do those kids live under a rock and not know what disney is? OMG! I'd be like cya kids, mom is going to disney...i'll pick you up after the trip.

Unless someone told them to act like that for a lame video??? i dunno.

Dicks House? I thought they said Six Flags....oh well, my little one did that- he wanted to go to Story Land in NH not Disney World- and he had been to Disney World Kids are funny!

My kids were just like that when I told them we were going to disney: but mom disney is for girls and I hate princesses!:eek: al said with tears. I changed my plans so that they can go on thier 3 dream trips instead 1. go drive to PEI, 2. florida, universal studios just like mom and dad did 3. attend canada's wonderland's christian advent. Ok that seems duable but it'll take two or three years. My kids are truely boys which is really odd since i have even bought each a doll a a toddler!:rotfl:

i've seen this before and it is crazy! i'm actually surprising my 3 year old with a mommy/son quality day trip down to DL (we're socal residents w/ APs) and I know he'll be excited.........but then again, he's never been to Dick's house! :rotfl:

If this is real (which if it isn't the littel girl should be in movies), that poor mom. We suprised the kids once and they were so excited they announced it to the otehr people in the restaurant. I would have been so upset to think I paid so much and planned so much (and probably dreamed of their reactions). I wonder how the trip went... I'd love to see a follow up video of that.

That poor Mother must have been completely gutted - I know I would have been. The kids' reactions were classic though - I think I would be saving a few bucks and leaving the kids at home :rotfl:

Honestly, without knowing the complete circumstances, it is hard to review this situation and say I would be mad, upset, laugh or anything. We only know what we see on YouTube.

I think the main problem is that the kids are all tired. Sounds like they've all been driving all night. If they had just awakened from a long sleep, their reaction might have been different!

Kids don't deal well with change usually, especially if they're tired!

With all the crying and pouting I couldn't even hear where they actually wanted to go. I would be a bit upset over their reactions too. Spoiled, my guess.

Why spoiled? The two young ones have no idea what Disney World is. The tween boy....well, boys that age think it's a place for little kids. I wasn't surprised at all by his reaction.

The middle kid was crying because he wanted to go to "Dick's house". The family must have told the kids they were going to visit a friend or relative, and all that little guy knew was that they weren't going to the place that he was looking forward to going. The little girl was probably crying because her brother was crying.

Yep, surprises aren't always a great idea. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter