What would you do, OKW or VWL?

conciergekelly

DIS Veteran
I have 89 points. I have a studio booked @ VWL Dec 18-24. I was thinking, (my husband hates when I start a sentence like that :rotfl: ) if I rented 1 point (can't borrow)I could stay in a 1 bedroom @ OKW Dec, 18-23. Would it be hard to tranfer 1 point? What would you do? Basically is the extra space worth giving up the X-mas ambiance? Thanks, you guys saved my husband from another "I was thinking "call. He thanks you too! :crazy:
Kelly

Well, I always like the more simple and less complicated way. My choice would probably be just keeping the ressie at VWL. I have not had the opportunity to stay there during the Holidays, but reviews seem to indicate that is where to stay at that time.

I've never transfered or rented points, so not sure how that works and if it would be worth while for 1 point.

Here's some pixie dust to help with the decision :wizard:

If the renting/transerring wasn't an issue I'd say go for the one bedroom and enjoy OKW. As it is I would leave your reservation as you have it.

Either way have a great time - that is a Magical time of year to visit!

Someone will transfer you one point if you really want to change to OKW.

No matter which you end up choosing, I'd consider checking out on the 23rd. Do you really want to check out / travel on Christmas Eve? I wouldn't, but YMMV.

Best wishes-

Basically is the extra space worth giving up the X-mas ambiance?
These are the kind of questions that are basically impossible for someone to answer for you. For some, extra space is most important! For others, theming and ambience is most important.

Which one are you?

Now you have your answer.

Personally, my answer would be to buy more points so you could get a 1BR at VWL...the perfect solution! :teeth:

Granny said:
Bottom line...is the ambience and decorations of VWL at holiday important enough to make your decision for you? If not, you already have your answer.

Personally, as much as we love VWL, being in a 1BR is probably more important to our vacation enjoyment than the particular resort theming.
This is a valid point. I was giving you my opinion based on the fact that we don't have kids, so a studio would be fine for just my wife and me. :drinking:

MG

MG....you caught me!! I re-read my post and changed to to what you now see. I was hoping to change it before anyone could quote it!! :teeth:

Still...I agree with you. VWL at Christmas is a dream vacation of ours sometime in the not-too-distant future.

I also agree that travelling on Christmas Eve doesn't sound like fun at all! :sad2:

If you decide to try the OKW option, PM me. I will donate the 1 point to you as an early Christmas present. Whatever you decide, have fun!
Jean

Thanks for all of the great opinions. I am still thinking about it. I called and they have quite a few rooms at OKW. I'll have to say the dreaded words to DH tonight.... :rotfl2:

jekjones1558 Thank you. I couldn't do that. It was very nice of you to offer. :goodvibes

I'll let you know what we decide.

jekjones1558 said:
If you decide to try the OKW option, PM me. I will donate the 1 point to you as an early Christmas present. Whatever you decide, have fun!
Jean

How sweet of you!

Thinking about the long term here. Have you ever stayed in a 1 BR before? In our case, there's just DH and myself, but we made the "mistake" of trying out a 1 BR once, and we just can't imagine going back to a studio. Maybe we just don't have any self-control on thinking what we "need", but in our minds now, we always "need" that 1 BR. If you've never stayed in a 1 BR, be prepared for what might happen. Then maybe more points,too.

Simbas mom: We have stayed in a 2 bedroom. When it is DH and I we stay in studios. I just can't leave anything alone. The kitchen is nice to have.

We are leaving on the 24th because my MIL is having Christmas at her house in Florida. So all we need to do is drive 20 mins. We of course have to slip in a trip to WDW. As you all know, it is an addiction!

Granny and Maistre Gracey: My problem is I love all of the resorts so I have such a hard time having an opinion! :rotfl: A 1 br @ VWL would be perfect except I didn't think they would have any at that time of year. Maybe I'll call on Tuesday.

I'm leaning toward leaving it alone because all I got was a look :confused3 from my husband. But maybe a 1 br @ VLW will fit the bill!

Thanks you guys, you save my husband from having to hash it out with me. And thanks again to jecklejone1558 for the very generous offer! You guys are great! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter