What would you do on a non-park day?

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Just trying to get an idea of what others do on a non-park day, any ideas would be appreciated...........

I like to go to Downtown Disney for part of the day on a non-park day, and do a little hotel hopping to check out the hotels where I might like to stay in the future. I also like to do character breakfasts at the resorts on a non-park day.

Karen

How about Disney Quest?

last time we went, we hung out at the pool, DS played in the resort arcade, and we went to downtown disney.

this year, we are going to go to disney quest and shop at downtown disney!!! cant wait!!

We take the resort bus to MGM and then catch the boat going to Cape May Buffet. We have our character breakfast (which is fantastic) and then head out and rent water mice for an hour. Then we walk around to the boardwalk and then catch the bus back. Its alot of fun and my kids love it. We spend the day at the hotel pool and then head to DD for the evening.

Cry! From all the money I've spent! LOL!!
Just kidding, we like to go the the marketplace or just lounge at the pool.:D

Get up later, a little shopping in DTD and Minature Golf at Fantasia Gardens. We call this our "RELAXING DAY" and do it in the middle of our trips. It is a big energy boster.

01. Downtown Disney
02. Miniature golf
03. Pleasure Island
04. Miniature golf
05. Water parks
06. Miniature golf
07. Fort Wilderness
08. Miniature golf
09. Tour resorts
10. Miniature golf
11. Celebration
12. Miniature golf

We have done the following: hotel hop, out of park character breakfast, Kennedy space center, Cocoa Beach, Mt Dora, Universal, Sea World and DTD. DTD with lunch there is our “before we get on the airplane to come home” tradition. Maybe we should try miniature golf, hay TexasKid?!?!?!?

Swim
Downtown Disney
Rent boats either at DD or BW
Sleep in
Get a video to watch in the room (at BW)
Go eat a nice leisurely meal
Explore some of the resorts
Rent a surrey bike at the BW and watch Illuminations fireworks from the bridge and then see the entertainment along the BW.
Go to the Campfire sing-a-long and movie at Fort Wilderness
Go to one of the beaches where the Water Pageant can be seen.

Since we started using AP's, we hardly ever take a full day away from the parks, but it was a good idea when we were on hoppers for one of our trips.

If we have access to a car we like to go to Belz Outlets on International Drive and get cheap Disney stuff from Character Warehouse.

On our last trip we did Discovery Cove on our non-park day. It was fantastic! A true highlight of our trip.

On one of our non-park days we sleep in, boat over to Fort Wilderness and futz around over there (eat breakfast at Trail's End, walk the nature trail, hang out at the petting zoo) and then spend the afternoon/evening at DTD.

On the other non-park day (we usually take 10-12 day trips, so we need some R&R time) we sleep in, play at the pool, have a nice meal at the resort, and at some point do DH's favorite thing to do at WDW--rent watermice. We usually try to do some resort hopping, too.

Grand Floridian for afternoon tea, this takes about 2 hours, so you don't want to feel rushed. DD, resort pool, shopping at premium outlets. Resort hop, take the water transportation from Poly, or WL. Relax, and Definately sleep late!!!!!!!

We have had AP's, too, so nearly always spend at least part of our days at a park. But some days we have wound up going to a movie at DTD. They have stadium seating, a digital theater, and low ticket prices. Good rainy day fun! Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter