What would you do?

SquirrelsMom

Disney Fan
I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this question; but, here goes.

I have had our disney trip planned since July of last year. My brother (40), DD (13) and myself (41) have planned a 10 day sea/land trip.

Now, because of my brother's work, he will not be able to stay for the entire 10 days. So, I have some different choices to work through. Also, I have decided to invite my daughter's best friend (13). Still waiting to find out if she will get to go. (Hopefully, there will be four of us.)

Our original plan:
6/5 - Arrive Boardwalk (air, rental car) (Illuminations Cruise)
6/6 - 3-day Wonder Cruise
6/9 - Arrive OKWR (Laundry, Downtown Disney etc....)
6/10 - Universal Studios
6/11 - Universal Stuidos
6/12 - WDW Theme Parks
6/13 - WDW Theme Parks
6/14 - Return home (air, turn in rental car)

New plan:
6/5 - Arrive Boardwalk (air, rental car) (Illuminations Cruise)
6/6 - 3-day Wonder Cruise
6/9 - Arrive OKWR & Universal Studios
6/10 - Universal Studios
6/11 - Brother returns home (returns rental car)
(Downtown Disney for myself and the girls)
6/12 - WDW Theme Parks
6/13 - WDW Theme Parks
6/14 - Return home

Now here's where the choice comes in, instead of going to OKWR on 6/9, we could check into the HardRock Hotel for 1 night and take advantage of going to the head of the line in the theme parks. Then on 6/10 go check in at OKWR. Note: We will have a two bedroom at OKWR.

Disadvantages: Staying at the Hardrock, I'll have to sleep with my brother, it will take longer to get ready in the mornings because only one bathroom, and we will have to move after 1 night.

So here's the question, "Is getting to go to the front of the line at the Universal theme parks worth it?" "Should I just plan to stay the entire time at OKWR?"

Thanks for any of your insight.
SquirrelsMom

FOTL is awesome. I would only go to IOA if I could get FOTL. It is worth it just so you can get on Spiderman more than once.

When we stayed at the HRH this last Nov. the crowds were so low that FOTL was of only marginal value. It did come in handy a couple of times to avoid some 15 minute waits. Oh - It also provides you access to special seating areas for the various shows - which was especially handy at the Sinbad show - GREAT seats.

At that time of the year I would guess that you will get a LOT of value from FOTL so if you don't mind moving an extra time I recommend staying at HRH (great hotel by the way).

One comment though - the room we had at HRH only had 2 beds - if your daughter's friend goes on the trip who will sleep with who? Are there rooms at HRH that have a 'daybed' perhaps (like the Poly?

Bstanley,

I'm checking into getting a Kid suite which will have a large bed in one room and two twins in another room. I'll put the girls together in the large bed and my brother and I will take the twins. Otherwise, brother and I would have to share a queen bed.

Kewl - the kid suite sounds like a plan.

HRH is very comfortable, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you don't already have one I recommend getting an Entertainment Book/Card. When we went last Nov. we reserved our 'pool view' room at a discounted $127.50 a night rate using the Entertainment Card discount for Loew's hotels. Very handy - and we use the card around town also...

From HRH it's a 5 minute walk to the Studios gate, and it's a 10 minute walk to IoA. You just walk out to the pool, bear to your right past the pool bar/restaurant and exit into the end of the parking lot and down a sidewalk to the Studios gate or keep walking straight ahead to IoA. I love Disney, but the convenience of having the hotel that close to the parks is REALLY nice...

With FOTL one day at each of the parks will be more than enough time to do everything. You can get your resort IDs before you actually get your room - and then just go to the 'Express line' at the attractions (show your resort ID) and Voila!! No lines!

Bstanley,

Since I last replied to you, I have found a friend who is going to let me use her Entertainment Card for this trip. We decided to get a Deluxe room which will have a sleep sofa rather than the kid suite which is $$$$.

Thanks for the detailed description of how to get to the parks. I look at these boards every day for this kind of stuff. I print out threads that have really good info and tips. I have them all in a file and plan to review them just prior to leaving for our trip. Your instructions are going into the file.

Thanks again,
SquirrelsMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter