What's for dinner? Was it "budget"?

Tonight we are having french toast and sausage for our cheap meal.

We had that yesterday. :thumbsup2

So did we!! :)

French toast was popular this week! I did it too which I never do and DH gobbled it down, big surprise!

Tonight is chicken enchiladas. I dont know how cheap it was except I've been really working on shopping the sales and the chicken was on sale and I already had everything else I needed for it and it made 3 pans!

Tonight we are having sloppy joes with mac-n-cheese, black eyed peas, and spinach.

ground chuck--$3
sloppy joe sauce--1.50
buns---1.00
mac-n-cheese--1.00 after I add the butter and milk
black eyed peas----left over from last night .90 for frozen peas 1/4 salt pork and a little onion---.70
spinach----1.00 for the bag and i add 1/4 peice of salt pork and a little onion--.70

I guess I am not doing so well with the peas it is 9.80 for me, DH, DD 10, and our maltese that thinks he is human and needs to eat what we do!!!:rotfl:

Oh these all sound so good!

I'm all out of meat right now. And no broth either or I'd make soup of some sort. I'm stumped.....

Tonight was definitely a budget meal. I had originally defrosted browned ground beef to make a different dish, but realized I was lacking an ingredient. I had half a jar of spaghetti to use and 3 different 1/2 bags of gluten free pasta.

I keyed in spaghetti & ground beef at allrecipes ingredient search, eliminated lasagna because that's the only pasta I didn't have and ended up with a cheeseburger casserole that I think we'll love!

I couldn't tell you how much it actually cost since it was finishing off the last of a whole lot of things! It was definitely budget even if the ingredients weren't because it was all about using things that would have otherwise gone to waste.

I had a frozen salmon single portion that was 70 cents. I also ate an entire box of picsweet frozen broccoli that was just 50 cents. So $1.20 for me.

I roasted a chicken for the rest of the week, it was just $3.80 on sale :banana:

Tonight we had sloppy joes (I make my own "sauce", so no extra cost for the can of sloppy joe sauce), Tator Tots (on sale this week) and Carrot sticks. Not too exciting, but pretty cheap! Have leftover sloppy joe for DS's lunch tomorrow.

Tonight we had sloppy joes (I make my own "sauce", so no extra cost for the can of sloppy joe sauce), Tator Tots (on sale this week) and Carrot sticks. Not too exciting, but pretty cheap! Have leftover sloppy joe for DS's lunch tomorrow.

How do you make the sauce? Is it easy to make I have thought about makeing it but do not know how :confused3 and I figured after I bought all the stuff to make it it would be just as cheap to buy the can sauce...lol:lmao:

budget meal here.:thumbsup2

crushed 3 cloves of garlic
olive oil
little bit of butter:rolleyes1
some lemon zest

while that was warming in a little pan, i boiled a box of pasta & brocolli together. when there was a couple minutes left of cook time i threw in a half a package of frozen shrimp. drain.

toss everything together & served with syrian bread garlic toast and a salad.

:goodvibes

Well for having no food in the house, I came up with something yummy. ;-)

Whole Wheat pasta spirals topped with creamy marinara sauce and I threw in some spinich. Whole wheat garlic bread on the side.

And I found a box of pudding and a graham cracker crust so I made a chocolate pie for dessert.

So, how do you make your soup?? It sounds REALLY good, processed cheese or not! LOL I love broccoli cheese soup, but have never tried making it at home...

I don't really measure stuff, but will try to explain:

Saute about 1/2 cup chopped onions in pan.
Heat up one bag of chopped broccoli until cooked in microwave.
Put onions and broccoli into the crock pot with:
1 pound block Velveeta, cut up into chunks,
2 cans fat free evaporated milk,
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used a low fat)

Cook on low 2-3 hours. Blend with stick blender before serving.

Gee, I really hope I didn't forget an ingredient!

We had that with homemade bread. It was nice for a cold night.

Our neighbors are moving so they cleaned out their freezer. So we ate free chicken nuggets, french fries and green beans. Doesn't get any more budget than that. Though I'm not sure it was healthy.

I made a huge batch of shrimp penne pasta, that cost about $10 to make, but it will last several meals. I already got three meals out of it, and it's only about half gone now.

I had shepherd's pie. Used less than 1 lb. hamburg, can of cream corn, a handful of colby-jack cheese, and leftover mashed potatoes.

I am on weight watchers so I had tilapia with rice, the rest of the family had chicken wraps with fries.

not sure if anyone considers this healthy but me, A butterfinger candybar. DH had ice cream. DN is with a friend and having supper there tonight. Since there wasn't school here today (snow), we had dinner for lunch. I made homemade pizza. Lettuce salad and apples. but I have to say my dinner was better!:lmao:

we had a nice cheap meal tonight. Free bone in ham from grocery store from thanksgiving promo. Cut enough meat slices and froze for another dinner. Trimmed enough meat slices for lunches for couple of days. Freezing ham and bone for soup later. Made fresh string beans with it.

Last night we had Johnny Marzetti. 1lb elbow pasta, 1 can tomatoe paste, 2 cans diced tomatoes, an onion, spices, and 1lb ground hamburger. We have left overs of that for another dinner or lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter