What's the best way to freeze cookies?

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
Should I freeze the dough or bake the cookies & then freeze? How should I package them? I host a day in December when college students from our church come over & decorate cookies and take them back to the dorms. I'd like to have an array to choose from, but I need to get some done ahead of time. Thanks!

If your plan is to have the kids decorate the cookies, then I would bake them first and then freeze them. Otherwise, you're going to have to bake the frozen dough, then wait for the just-baked cookies to cool down enough to be decorated. When I freeze cookies, I usually pack them in tupperware-type containers, with waxed paper or parchment paper between the layers to keep them from sticking together.

Teresa

Thanks for the answer, I was wondering the same thing.:)

I am going to move this to the cooking boards, in case more posters have other suggestions.

make sure you freeze them before anyone finds and eats them:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter