What's the true story?

Love the ABC store!! Just came back from 10 days at Aulani and I bet our dinner came from there at least half of those nights. Hate spending a ton of money on food, especially with a kiddo who doesn't eat much, so the deli's hot food options were perfect!
Please post a trip report!! DD doesn't eat much either, so very curious as to the nearby options.

Please post a trip report!! DD doesn't eat much either, so very curious as to the nearby options.

Here is a link to a Yelp review WITH pictures you may find helpful http://www.yelp.com/biz/island-country-markets-kapolei-2?osq=island+market and http://www.yelp.com/biz/island-cafe-by-abc-stores-kapolei?osq=abc+store

They have a rotation of 3 hot dishes each day. And I will tell you, you get a LOT of food! In fact, I had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. They also have a made to order sandwich and made to order salad option, plus a lot of other grab and go food. The food is tasty and very inexpensive. My kid actually wanted to go there to eat every single night! We had breakfast one morning there too, and it was very good.

PRO TIP - As soon as you get to the deli, especially if there are a lot of people there, GRAB A NUMBER! It's by where you place your order. Look for the red number distributor thing mounted on the deli case. I totally missed that the first night and stood there forever!

Another tip, the pizza place that's over by the ABC store will deliver to Aulani. On the night they had the movie on the lawn we ordered a pizza, had it delivered, and watch Little Mermaid on the lawn. Pizzas are very big too! A large pepperoni pizza lasted us a few day. With 2 orders of garlic knots, plus tip, only $30!

Here is a link to a Yelp review WITH pictures you may find helpful
Wow, thanks! Those were great! Really helps to see how good those items actually look! And get an idea of the prices. Quite reasonable considering the location. I can see why folks end up eating there over and over.

PRO TIP - As soon as you get to the deli, especially if there are a lot of people there, GRAB A NUMBER! It's by where you place your order. Look for the red number distributor thing mounted on the deli case. I totally missed that the first night and stood there forever!

THANK YOU!

Another item of note about Island Markets/ABC store across from Aulani, they have a "Dole Whip" machine however it isnt all that great. It is ok but you are going to get much better Dole Whip up at the Plantation. The Island Market one was grainy and slushy when we had it. Could be the machine was weird or something like that while we were there but I was not happy with it.

Another item of note about Island Markets/ABC store across from Aulani, they have a "Dole Whip" machine however it isnt all that great. It is ok but you are going to get much better Dole Whip up at the Plantation. The Island Market one was grainy and slushy when we had it. Could be the machine was weird or something like that while we were there but I was not happy with it.

I would agree with that. The self serve Dole Whip at Aulani was yummy though!

I am here now. The pool chair situation is about as bad as people say it is. I saw people reserving chairs in the dark at 600 am. We were up (jet lag), so decided to go to the pool at 730. got a good seat, but I was amazed at home many chairs were already full. by 845, there was little left. If you want a spot, you need to rope drop the pool. It worked out great for us today, but as we get time adjusted, I can see issues. My son used the rainbow reef and it was not murky. Cold, but good. He loved it. Service is fantastic. The resort is beautiful. We are in a 1BR ocean view DVC unit. I amazed at how functional and well thought-out every detail is.

I am here now. The pool chair situation is about as bad as people say it is. I saw people reserving chairs in the dark at 600 am. We were up (jet lag), so decided to go to the pool at 730. got a good seat, but I was amazed at home many chairs were already full. by 845, there was little left. If you want a spot, you need to rope drop the pool. It worked out great for us today, but as we get time adjusted, I can see issues. My son used the rainbow reef and it was not murky. Cold, but good. He loved it. Service is fantastic. The resort is beautiful. We are in a 1BR ocean view DVC unit. I amazed at how functional and well thought-out every detail is.

I don't sit by the pool anymore (my kiddo is now 14, so no need to hawk her while she's in the pool), so I hang out at the cove. Were were there for 10 days in February, and even then the chair situation down there was tight, which it never has been. Disney needs to figure out the situation with the chairs and the kids club. It's become a victim of its own success, it seems. I don't know how they make it better though.

DH and and I were trying to think of solutions today too. Honestly, I think they just have too many rooms for the facilities. when people use the pool, there just isn't room for people to sit. and the beach is packed too.

I make breakfast every day and often make lunch and bring it to the pool. I make a few dinners but we go out a lot. Across the street there is Monkeypod with music and decent food. There is a taco place which is just okay, a pizza place and sushi, which is great. There is also an ABC market where you can buy prepared foods and groceries.

You can bring food down to the pool? Does it matter what kind? i think it would be great to leave hubby and the kids at the pool, go make lunch and just bring it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter