What's Up With All The Bubbling?

DisneyKingpin

Mouseketeer
There are more soap bubbles than farts flying around Disney World. Everywhere I go I'm navigating through and around bubbles. Yesterday I was trying to enjoy a citrus swirl on a bench outside Sunshine Terrace and a kid was blowing bubbles all over me. The parent said nothing. I left a soapy mess.

I noticed the same thing a week ago when I was at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. When I was at DCA, I actually asked some Cast Member's if they were selling a lot of those bubble things. They said, yes, that they were selling real fast.

At first I thought they were cute and an easy way to amuse young kids. But after awhile, it felt like I was having to dodge them like land mines. But at least, from what I saw, the parents were controlling the kids from using them in the attraction queues or holding areas for shows.

I am guessing this is most current fad. It could be worse, it could be those clicker type of things that I have seen at State Fair's. At least these don't make any noise.

are the bubbles back? they went away for awhile after I emailed in asking how they are ensuring they are really bubbles coming into the park. I hate the bubbles and I speak up. the worst is lunch when the child is downwind and the parents just let them get everyone elses food....

are the bubbles back? they went away for awhile after I emailed in asking how they are ensuring they are really bubbles coming into the park. I hate the bubbles and I speak up. the worst is lunch when the child is downwind and the parents just let them get everyone elses food....

I'm scared to ask....but.....what else would the bubbles be? Or do,you mean the bubbles guns disguising real weapons?

We noticed this on our visit last month, too. There were lots of guests (kids) with bubble guns but there were also many cast members spraying the area with bubbles. It was cute the first couple of times but it did get annoying after a while. Sometimes you just can't avoid them.

Parents definitely make no attempt to control them or consider the impact they have on those around them, but that's typical for everything today. Nobody thinks about anyone but themselves. So a common occurrence is a kid being pushed in a stroller using a bubble gun with all of the bubbles going behind them into the faces of anyone following them.

Just watched somebody I watch that vlogs in WDW sometime, they were in Epcot, and there were lots of bubbles all over, so it must be "a thing" now.

Just watched somebody I watch that vlogs in WDW sometime, they were in Epcot, and there were lots of bubbles all over, so it must be "a thing" now.
Definitely. The bubble guns have gotten very popular. And as I said, the CMs are using them as much as the guests (partly to drum up sales of bubble guns probably).

On a totally unrelated note but I just thought of it, even more annoying - and potentially dangerous - than the bubble guns are all of the "lightsabers". Even though they've banned weapons, anything that looks like a weapon, and selfie sticks, they have made no effort (for obvious marketing reasons) to ban toy lightsabers. I can't tell you how many times I nearly or actually got hit by a kid swinging one around in the parks. I saw numerous siblings battling each other, whacking each other with them, and hitting other guests as they waved them around. Funny how Disney has chosen not to ban that particular weapon since they sell a ton of them.

Bubbles for me are a nightmare, as my son has ASD and he loves and I mean loves bubbles they are like his catnip.

So on our last trip we notice that DHS had bubble machines as soon as you came in and could be get him to voluntary come away? as hell as like!! we had to literately drag him away.

Then going round the parks, even if were where hurrying for a reservation or FP+ as soon as a cast member whacked out a bubble wand we had to stop and play - I was developing a twitch by then end of the trip.

Also to add salt into the wound I thought I know, I'll get a bubble wand and that will solve the problem, as he could follow the bubble we make to our next activity - guess what they'd sold out, and I mean everywhere I asked - Just my luck eh. I swear sometimes I think those Disney bubble are out to get me lol.. :rotfl2:

The bubble makers are my current most hated thing at the parks. On our last trip, my husband took a direct blast right in his face while he was sitting on the curb. I have complained to guest services, to cast members on the street and to the parents who allow this crud. I included it in my end of stay survey. They won't ditch it because it sells.

And to all of the parents allowing their kids to bubble other people and around crowds - when you allow your kid to use it in your car on the drive home - then I will believe that you are okay with it blasting other people.

Definitely. The bubble guns have gotten very popular. And as I said, the CMs are using them as much as the guests (partly to drum up sales of bubble guns probably).

On a totally unrelated note but I just thought of it, even more annoying - and potentially dangerous - than the bubble guns are all of the "lightsabers". Even though they've banned weapons, anything that looks like a weapon, and selfie sticks, they have made no effort (for obvious marketing reasons) to ban toy lightsabers. I can't tell you how many times I nearly or actually got hit by a kid swinging one around in the parks. I saw numerous siblings battling each other, whacking each other with them, and hitting other guests as they waved them around. Funny how Disney has chosen not to ban that particular weapon since they sell a ton of them.

On a similar note, we were sitting on a bench near Pirates waiting for my FP time and this family was in a huddle in deep conversation while the children were battling each other with swords. I just stuck my arm out as far as I could and my husband did the same. To avoid them hitting my face. Then the parents noticed and were all apologetic...sure. At Universal, I was standing on a curb while my husband was talking with a castmember and felt something slam into my leg. It was two children in a rolling double stroller all alone. Another profuse apology from some grandmother who showed up when I asked who was the parent. Too bad for me, I walk with a cane. Not happy to hear about the bubbles. :rolleyes1.

Ok, I thought about it, I think I'll bring a fan.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that the biggest annoyance WDW has is children. They blow bubbles, have sticky hands, drip ice cream all over the place, and scream at inappropriate times. My new issue is them using smart phones in line for dark rides while I get blinded by the light (this extends to the busses at night). They really should have an adults only week.

My new issue is them using smart phones in line for dark rides while I get blinded by the light (this extends to the busses at night)
I was with you until you got to this line. This is NOT limited to children. In fact, I think the adults do it far more than the kids. I actually started writing an article about smartphones at Disney. I need to finish and submit that. People sitting in dark rides and shows posting to Facebook with their phone at full brightness (so they can see it out in the sun) needs to stop.

I think the adults do it far more than the kids

Have to agree with that, as I can be a right nightmare as I am the most uncoordinated person ever so give me a stroller I normally bump into something while trying to avoid something else - so if you ever see me and pushing something turn and walk the other way lol...

Although I definitely think they should do an Adult only evening at Epcot, especially during food and wine as I've seen things there that no child should see :tongue:

I agree with your second statement.

However, in my case with the stroller there was NO adult at the other end. Plus, they could have fallen over the high curb and possibly gotten injured following with high drama. If you see a person with a cane, they have one for a reason. Please try to avoid them at all costs.

This thread strikes me as pretty funny because I first found the idea to take bubbles to Disney here on these boards. It was likely under a thread on how to entertain your children in line. I guess the idea has greatly increased in popularity, huh?

We don't take bubbles. We are quite entertained by Disney alone and don't need to occupy ourselves otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter