What's your favorite footwear?

Clarks 3-strap sandals. Absolutely the best shoes I have ever worn, period. Comfortable, durable and no blisters!

Birkenstocks!! I wear my Birks everyday to every park! My husband does too!!

I totally agree with skporter, Nike Prestos are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Not one blister and my feet never sweat!

Whenever DW and I would walk a lot on vacation (Disney, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls, etc.), to avoid blisters we always had to do a lot of foot prep work: moleskin, toe tubes, medical tape. Now, at the advice of some dear friends - and others on DIS - we purchased Tevas - they are great! We've been breaking them in with multi-mile walks, and nary a blister - not even hot spots. And the feeling of fresh air on my feet is wonderful.

Teva Teva Teva.

beat up sneakers for the parks(black Reeboks)

for PI and Citywalk,black ankle boots or black docs

My sons love their Tevas and I was wondering if they were ok for WDW. I'm talking about the Teva sandals. They don't wear them with socks, would this be a problem? Would you break in a pair with socks before the trip? Advice please. My boys are so attracted to water- I would love to be able to let them loose in their Tevas and know their feet will be ok.

There was a whole "what-to-wear" thread on the Disney Tips board a while back - and a lot of folks spoke out in favor of sandals; Teva and Nike(?) were the top two. And I don't think anyone mentioned socks - the whole point is let your tender tootsies breathe! Plus, on any wet ride, you avoid the whole wet sock syndrome.

Ryka's! I saw them on QVC, in January, right before we went to WDW in Feb. They said they are made by women for women, because our feet are shaped different then men's. So this really caught my attention, since I was going to WDW, in a few weeks plus I have a severe knee problem that has affected my back and hip, so I was really concerned about good shoes. So I bought a pair and wore them to work a few times to break them in before the trip. I also took my Nikes, to switch back and forth and also in case the Rykas's didn't work out. I wore the Ryka's the day we traveled to the World, so the next day I wore me Nikes to Epcot and my big toe was so cramped and the nail turned black and about a month ago half of the nail fell off and it still gets sore from time to time plus my feet were aching in the Nike's. Anyway, the rest of the trip I wore the Ryka's and my feet were the only part of my body that didn't hurt from running non stop, around WDW, for 7 days. I wear them everyday, to work and I'm ready for a new pair. I just have to find someplace, other than QVC that sales them.

Thanks DrTomorrow!! I was hoping that was the case. I have been seeing lots of "blister advice" and they always mention no sandals. I was hoping no sock Tevas would be an exception (especially since Kali is such a big choice of theirs in AK).

Merrell sandals (not one blister!). Second choice is Nike Strap Runners.

Nike straprunners, Tevas, and NB walking shoes. I did manage to get a blister with the straprunners only when they got absolutely soaked in a shower, but used the Bandaid blister care and all was well.

I didn't think I could wear Birkenstock because I have a very narrow foot, and they did not fit closely. Then I found out that they are not supposed to fit tightly on your foot.

I do not recommend the leather sandals as they can be kind of hard on the feet but the birko-floor (which most of their sandals are made of) is just great.

You can get some fantastic bargains at the outlet stores at Belz. Forget that grungy old hippie suede Birkenstock image. I have them in every thing from black patent with dainty straps to bright orange with yellow flowers.

If you want a closed in shoe I highly recommend the Ryka's. Some people have talked about thin socks but I really like the Thor-lo socks with extra padding.

I had a few pair of Mephisto's before I bought the Birkies. They are very comfortable ,but I never could wear them for a day at the parks without getting blisters where they rubbed.

Teva Circuit walking sandal....hands down. Your feet breath, you don't have to worry about wet socks/sneakers and they look nice. I've worn them for our last three trips...not a blister in sight. ;)

But...for $19.99 I may need to check out those Nike Prestos!! :bounce:

I alternated one day of sneakers and the next day with Nike straprunners. Very comfy sandals - no blisters!

Thorlo socks!! I have ahard time finding shoes that don't slip on my heels and get blisters on long trips. These ahve saved my feet ever since. You get them at sporting goods stores.

My grandma and aunt have sworn on SAS shoes and sandals for years. With my ebaying, I have found a number of SAS that sell really well on ebay. One time I found a pair of sandals, that were new with out tag even!!!, in my size and I tried them on just to see if they were as comfy as my grandma insisted. I have worn nothing else since! I've worn them to Busch Gardens and Sea World and the mall a million times and they are SO comfy, not a single blister ever. I definately plan on wearing these all over Disney. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter