What's your favorite old FORGOTTEN Disney movie

One I really like that you rarely see anymore is Pollyanna. The girl gets a bad rap. I live my life as she lives hers in the movie, at least as much as I can in the real world.

for all the "Witch Mountain" lovers out there: TCM is showing them this month as part of the Halloween marathon!

I grew up in the 70's and remember going to see tons of live action Disney stuff in the theaters (Gus, The North Avenue Irregulars, No Deposit No Return, One of our Dinosaurs is Missing....)

My list would have to include
The Great Mouse Detective (why this didn't get swept up into the Disney Afternoon series' and/or direct to video sequels is beyond me)

Treasure of Matecumbe (I don't think I've seen it since I was 12, but I have fond memories)

Dr Syn: alias the Scarecrow.

Wow a lot of memories being brought back here. My family had a long standing traditon of watching Darby O'gill and the little people around St. Patricks day but sadly the disney channel has not aired it in the last 4 years.

Freaky Friday (original) Just love the waterski jump!
and there would be another one but I can not remember it, I will have to do some research and get back to you.

edit It's Candleshoe. I had to ask my sister.

Wow a lot of memories being brought back here. My family had a long standing traditon of watching Darby O'gill and the little people around St. Patricks day but sadly the disney channel has not aired it in the last 4 years.

Freaky Friday (original) Just love the waterski jump!
and there would be another one but I can not remember it, I will have to do some research and get back to you.

edit It's Candleshoe. I had to ask my sister.

Thinking about the movie Candleshoe is what prompted me to start this thread. I have added the new ones to the growing list in the 1st post.:woohoo:

I hate to burst your bubble, but Chitty Chitty is not a Disney movie. Released originally in 1968 by United Artists, it is now available on DVD on the MGM lable.

And, it will get the Blu-ray treatment on November 2!

And, it will get the Blu-ray treatment on November 2!

I know... someone said that. I couldn't believe it. All my life I'd thought of it as a Disney movie. Probably because of Dick Van **** being it in, and when it came out. It seemed so Disney. I have it on DVD. I have to readjust my thinking on that one. And I haven't figured out what's up with Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I never did think it was a Disney movie, at the end you see all sorts of old characters from Mickey Mouse to Porky Pig, but Disney's Pop Century has a giant Roger Rabbit on the outside of one of the 80's buildings.

I am now thinking I will have to get signed up for Netflix so I can rent all these old Disney films.

I haven't figured out what's up with Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I never did think it was a Disney movie, at the end you see all sorts of old characters from Mickey Mouse to Porky Pig, but Disney's Pop Century has a giant Roger Rabbit on the outside of one of the 80's buildings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_framed_roger_rabbit

It's a miracle the movie got made, considering all the legal hurdles it had to clear.

My daughter's favorite movie as a toddler was The Fox and the House. It is a really cute movie.

And isn't Splash Mountain based on Song of the South movie?

Actually it was the other way around. The Magwaii's became Gremlins.

It's been a while since I've been to the Disney parks. I may be in the minority with some of the movies I like, but these are some of my old favorites I don't see much anymore.

Pete's Dragon
Tron (Original)
Cool Runnings
Eight Below
Enchanted
Newsies
The Mighty Ducks (All 3 of them)
The Santa Clause (All 3 of these as well)
and National Treasure (Both of them).

Hmmm...

Most of those titles are still widely-sold in retail stores.

Tron will soon be making a comeback on Blu-ray to coincide with "Tron: Legacy"

And, "The Santa Clause" trilogy is ususally re-released with other holiday films.

My daughter's favorite movie as a toddler was The Fox and the House. It is a really cute movie.

Yes, the Splash Mountain attraction is definitely spun-off from "Song of the South", which has been permanently-vaulted since the 80's (and, as a result, never made it to home video in the U.S.).

It's one of those movies Disney fans really want to see, but the company is yet to do anything concerning a future home video release.

You mean the Fox and the Hound?

Song of the South will never be released in this country according to Disney because of racial issues. You can watch it in 10 segments on Youtube though.

I never knew what Tron was. When was Tron released?

Oh, Hunchback of Notre Dame merchandise, where art thou? I've been searching for years and all I've ever found is one Christmas ornament. I am not happy about this -.-

I also love The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Hocus Pocus :goodvibes

Oh, Hunchback of Notre Dame merchandise, where art thou? I've been searching for years and all I've ever found is one Christmas ornament. I am not happy about this -.-

I also love The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and Hocus Pocus :goodvibes

How could we have overlooked those classics! I've added them to the growing list on the first post. If nothing, I'll no what to put on my list when I get signed up with Netflix. My daughter has a DVD of Hocus Pocus.. .or is it a VHS?:confused3

Newsies is definately a favorite in my house. DD fell in love with it the first time she saw it. She still drools over Christian Bale in it and both kids sing a long.

Reading all the other favorites brought back a lot of memories. I think I'm going to re-arrange my netflicks queue and get some of them.

And I haven't figured out what's up with Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I never did think it was a Disney movie, at the end you see all sorts of old characters from Mickey Mouse to Porky Pig, but Disney's Pop Century has a giant Roger Rabbit on the outside of one of the 80's buildings.

Disneyland's ToonTown also has a ride based on the movie... Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Like teacups on a track, and seriously one of the best themed queues ever.

Pete's dragon and The Witch Mountain movies were really good.. I watched those a lot in my youth

Song of the South. The main reason I bought my PAL to NTSC converter years back and I put it to DVD.

LOVE IT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter