What's Your Least Favorite....part 2

Leonard Cohen Hallelujah it is surfacing more and more at Patriotic events and even on dramatic shows with patriotic themes . The song has nothing to do with Patriotism and with little support of my view of the song and how Hallelujah is a censorship for my "OMG" "OMG"

Cohen's lyrical poetry and his view that "many different hallelujahs exist" is reflected in wide-ranging covers with very different intents or tones, allowing the song to be "melancholic, fragile, uplifting [or] joyous" depending on the performer:[7] The Welsh singer-songwriter John Cale, the first person to record a cover version of the song (in 1991), promoted a message of "soberness and sincerity" in contrast to Cohen's dispassionate tone;[7] the cover by Jeff Buckley, an American singer-songwriter, is more sorrowful and was described by Buckley as "a hallelujah to the orgasm";[7][10] Crowe interpreted the song as a "very sexual" composition that discussed relationships;[7] Wainwright offered a "purifying and almost liturgical" interpretation;[7] and Guy Garvey of the British band Elbow made the hallelujah a "stately creature" and incorporated his religious interpretation of the song into his band's recordings.[7]

Canadian singer k.d. lang said in an interview shortly after Cohen's death that she considered the song to be about "the struggle between having human desire and searching for spiritual wisdom. It's being caught between those two places."[11] Former Barenaked Ladies frontman Steven Page, who sang the song at Canadian politician Jack Layton's funeral, described the song as being "about disappointing [other] people".[12]

WYLF Patriotic painting?

Love the one of the Continental Congress signing the Declaration of Independence. Talk about courage...these men were committing treason!

don't really have one. I like to browse them all

WYLF time of year to visit a Disney park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter