What's your strategy for 2 days in the same park?

way2tyred

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious how everyone plans their days when they do multiple days in the same park? Do you stay in one area the first day and handle the other half on your second day? Do you do "everything" (whatever your everything is) both days? Neither one?

For Magic Kingdom there are a few rides we ride both days, but outside those we do different lands each day. For Epcot we usually do the whole park both days, but I think this trip we might split it.

I divide MK in two parts. If we have time leftover and the energy, I might repeat some rides or something like that. But I've always toured MK in two days and it takes soooo much pressure off.

I split the park. For Epcot, I do WS one day and then the front of the park another day. At MK, I do the Adventure and Frontier Lands and Liberty Square one day, and then the Fantasy and Tomorrow Lands on the other. I do Main Street a little on both days. I usually do not have to go to the other parks more than one day.

I’m following the responses here since we are doing two MK days. My initial thought was to try to do a lot on day 1. At least the priorities, but without all of the pressure realizing we have a day two just in case. Then day 2 is meant for living more in the moment, redoing favorites, and getting to anything missed. But it seems like a lot of people split the park up, which might be a better strategy than what I was thinking. I guess there’s always a chance it rains on day 2 or someone is sick, so might as well take full advantage of the first day. We were planning to rope drop two separate lands both days, so starting in different locations.

On day 1 I pretty much go where the wind takes me at a fairly relaxed pace, on day 2 I mop up whatever I missed and try to do my favorite stuff a second time. The benefit of having 2 days in 1 park to me is that I don't have to go crazy hitting everything so I definitely don't try to do it all on day 1 and then again on day 2.

We do the same parks multiple days. We tend to be more spontaneous, making sure we do get in the “must-do” attractions. The remaining days we tend to see what wait times are like and be more in the moment. If we’re near something and the queues aren’t long or a show is starting in a few minutes, we’ll do those. We have gone so often that we’re ok missing some things (eg my mom won’t ride RnRC any more and it’s just been us girls the last few trips. I’m ok missing it). We also get park hoppers and split our days up that way.

Epcot is honestly pretty easy to split between two days. World Showcase can eat up a lot of time if you really explore it. Future World is usually a half day gig if you do everything and World Showcase can really be a big one to spend time at. This gives you more time to explore the various restaurants.

Magic Kingdom is also easy to split just because there's so much to do there. Pro tip: only see the fireworks once. The other day, go ride things like Space Mountain that usually have a long wait time right at 8PM. I've done that a few times with no more than a 5 minute or so wait each time (last time we walked right on to it).

HS/MGM is easy to split into two days if you like certain attractions and want to do them more than once. Use one day on Fantastic and one day checking out the 50s Prime Time Cafe, if only for its shenanigans.

AK is splittable too though it's the quickest park to get through--but if you want to do multiple days, do a safari!

We split up the lands, but it was much easier with FP than G+. We used to rope drop a few rides, then our first FP, then a few more rides in the same area. Then lunch followed by a FP in a different land, etc. With G+, we take what we can get, when we can get it. So, there is more crossing the park.

For MK we like to do one shorter day on a party day, leaving at around 3-3:30 then having apps/dinner/drinks at the monorail resorts.
The other day we spend all day at the park with a TS meal for late lunch then do a fireworks party.

Ok. We only did that once but plan to do it again next time.
And we planned the full day on an eeh night so it was a loooong day (we do plan to do that again as well).

We do all of our favorites the first day because you never know if weather or mechanical issues will cause a closure on the 2nd day. The second day we go at a more relaxed pace, sometimes repeating a few of our favorites but exploring areas in depth a bit more.

I’m following the responses here since we are doing two MK days. My initial thought was to try to do a lot on day 1. At least the priorities, but without all of the pressure realizing we have a day two just in case. Then day 2 is meant for living more in the moment, redoing favorites, and getting to anything missed. But it seems like a lot of people split the park up, which might be a better strategy than what I was thinking. I guess there’s always a chance it rains on day 2 or someone is sick, so might as well take full advantage of the first day. We were planning to rope drop two separate lands both days, so starting in different locations.
This is exactly why I asked! I've been thinking about switching more to how you describe. I can't help but worry that something will happen and we'll miss out on the second day for some reason. Several years ago we ended up only getting 1 MK day because my son was in the American Idol experience and had to be at DHS two days. We missed a lot at MK because of that.

So I'm thinking day 2 will be meant for catching up on things we missed, riding favorites again, etc. So many people are saying they split that now I'm wondering if it's a little too optimistic to think we can do it!

For MK we like to do one shorter day on a party day, leaving at around 3-3:30 then having apps/dinner/drinks at the monorail resorts.
The other day we spend all day at the park with a TS meal for late lunch then do a fireworks party.

Ok. We only did that once but plan to do it again next time.
And we planned the full day on an eeh night so it was a loooong day (we do plan to do that again as well).
We are doing MNSSHP this year and planning to rope drop but take a LONG break at our resort in the afternoon. We'll see how that goes . . .

We do exactly as you have described and it always works out.

I'm just curious how everyone plans their days when they do multiple days in the same park? Do you stay in one area the first day and handle the other half on your second day? Do you do "everything" (whatever your everything is) both days? Neither one?

For Magic Kingdom there are a few rides we ride both days, but outside those we do different lands each day. For Epcot we usually do the whole park both days, but I think this trip we might split it.
Usually plan to do everything both days (with the exception of splitting up the shows) - like regular shows. We do fireworks both nights.

We have two days in Epcot on our upcoming trip. We are planning to split up the days doing some things like Guardians both days and other front of the park World attractions just one day. We are splitting the World Showcase in half, primarily because we enjoy Flower and Garden so much we can sample more of the food kitchens by splitting it into halves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter