• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When 2 look for cheap flights

paulc

Earning My Ears
Thinking of trying to organise a visit to WDW at the beginning of next May yet when I go and look at some of the cheap flight websites and fill in the desired dates it comes back with no flight available.
When is the best time to start looking for cheap filghts for a trip at the beginning of May
Many thanks
paulc

Paulc,

Scheduled flights can usually be booked 11 months out on Expedia and have got flights listed for May next year did not see anything particularly cheap when I tried a few dates.

Opodo are also worth a look but have a 10 month window so can only book flights up to 4th May at the moment.

Mark H

Hi Paul,

Not sure if this is going to be any help, but have you considered going in late April instead.

I organised a DIY trip last year and found the difference in flying out in April compared to May to be a huge amount. We ended up flying out on the 24th April coming back 8th May.

Cheers
Bilboo

To Everyone

Does anyone think it's better to book a flight only or a fly drive later to get a better deal. Our trip will be in Sept/ Oct and I was hoping the prices might come down nearer the date. We are lucky that we have quite a big window and do not need more than 10 days notice to travel.
we figure we'll worry about accommodation over there or maybe just book the first night in advance. BTW we will be off site.

Ken

Hi Paulc

I agree with eyeoreaud Directflightsavers.com are good but don't forget to check with Expedia and Opodo. I posted earlier in this thread about booking early or late, but no replies yet.
I booked my flights with opodo yesterday. By reading these boards and telephoning around the teletext advertisers you can recognise a bargain when one crops up.
You will find some other good web sites if you search these boards for "Cheap flights"

Ken

Hi Ken,

We booked our flights for this Sunday through Expedia about 3 months ago. The cheapest deal we found from Manchester was with Delta (via Atlanta) at £1500 for two adults and one child. We really wanted virgin but they wanted £2300 at that time.

I have kept an eye on prices since then with not much change until last week when the Virgin flights had come down to £1500 and the Delta flights were up to £2400!! And they are showing restricted availability for most of the flights for next week.

If we had held out we could have gone with Virgin but in the long run it would have been more stress waiting and we would have had to pay the same price anyway!! IMO the extra hour in Atlanta is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I guess it depends on the time of year that you are travelling whether you risk waiting or not.

Hi Paulc

Opodo have 2adults 2 children early May 2003 £1319
I never book so far in advance so I don't know what kind of a deal it is.

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter